Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why hasn't Coach K and Duke produced more head coaches from their assistants?

Featured Replies

Thats his post-game snack.

 

:scared: :eek: :scared:

 

I loved that wayyyy too much, :laugh:

Because I have never seen anything like this. Whenever he has won big games or anything, you rarely see his family.

Maybe not on TV...but when you're there..there is a ton of family influence....at all the games...I have been to a bunch of their games...and I have noticed it.

Will Quin Snyder ever get back into college coaching or is he coaching somewhere now? Have heard very little from him over the last few years.

Snyder was a disaster at Missouri ... more NCAA violations than NCAA tournament appearances.

Johnny Dawkins isn't a head coach by his choice. A number of schools have tried to lure him away.

How many Duke games have you been to RP? Where were they played at?

How many Duke games have you been to RP? Where were they played at?

Multiple ACC tourneys...two St. John's games in the garden....and the the game they lost to IU in Rupp..never in Cameron, at least not yet.

Multiple ACC tourneys...two St. John's games in the garden....and the the game they lost to IU in Rupp..never in Cameron, at least not yet.

 

Have you ever been in Cameron? Even if not for a game.

^ On a tour of the campus once...will be there again late this July...I need to see a game.

Capel never coached at Duke...probably more influenced by his father, coaching wise.

Neil Daugherty, never coached at Duke and is a branch off of the Roy Williams coaching tree.

Mike Brey? He has done a decent job at Notre Dame.

Duke doesnt have many coaches who are heads mainly because of the low amount of turnover at that program. I am also glad to see that K does not involve his family. His program has enough attention surrounding it, I assume that he wants to keep his family grounded.

^ On a tour of the campus once...will be there again late this July...I need to see a game.

 

Don't you think that CIS is a little deceiving. From the outside I would never have know it was a basketball arena. The lobby is pretty cool how they had both their NCAA trophies right in front. (Only 2 when I was last there). I think that the arena is a lot cooler looking when it is empty, all the detailed wood, etc. Cant really see that on TV. They got history there, but I'm really surprised that a program on their level hasn't upgraded the facilities.

 

Hard to believe that there football stadium is used by a BCS conference school.

 

Overall it is a beautiful campus. Of ones if seen I would put it right up there with Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Virginia.

^ the campus is very old fashioned...I am torn on new digs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.