ESPN says Donovan to stay

FishTie

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please. Donovan would be a huge lure, no poor reflection on Mitch in not being able to get him.

As I stated the other day, seeing what his plan B is and how he handles that will be a better litmus test on Mitch than Donovan, IMO.

All I said was he was going to catch it for wiffing on Donovan. Do you think he won't? Go check out CatsPause, it is in meltdown mode.

Its not a poor reflection that he didn't get Donovan. It is a poor reflection if he never asked.

Anyone who thinks Barnhart didn't pursue Donovan is fooling themselves.

Bottom line is Donovan was tight lipped and never gave us a foot in the door. I don't blame him either, it obviously paid off for him and he is renewing with FL. Hiring the hottest coach in the country away from a league rival at the height of his career was a long shot, no matter how much we wanted to believe Billy would come a running.

Does he have to wire back all that money to that bank in Lexington? What about the contract on the house that his wife picked out? No horse farm?:D

:sssh:

I wanted Donovan, but I didn't let those who claimed to be 'in the know' lead me to believe he was coming. I didn't think he would leave what he built just yet for a job with MUCH more pressure. Billy will get a big fat raise out of this, and rightfully so. I think if he ever does make a move, it could be to the NBA, but, ... not yet. Don't be surprised to see a lot of those kids come back next year. I am not saying I have inside track or anything, just a feeling that UF will look next season much like they did this season. Losing Richards hurts, but he was still just a role player.

I am with you LSURock, ... I would like to hear from all those who said 'it's a done deal, mark it down' or 'press conference scheduled on Tuesday for Billy D', etc.

All I said was he was going to catch it for wiffing on Donovan. Do you think he won't? Go check out CatsPause, it is in meltdown mode.

I'm sure he will. But as we all know, KY fans are not the most rational of all of God's creatures.

Blasting Mitch for not getting Donovan is misguided and self indulging, IMO. That is my point.

Hopefully we aren't turning on an AD who couldn't hire away a coach from a school where he had just won back to back championships... It's unprecedented to think that he would come to UK... Has a coach EVER left a school after he's won the title to take a job at another school?

This was a long shot and lots of people got their hopes up.... It happens... Count your losses and move on.

:sssh:

I wanted Donovan, but I didn't let those who claimed to be 'in the know' lead me to believe he was coming. I didn't think he would leave what he built just yet for a job with MUCH more pressure. Billy will get a big fat raise out of this, and rightfully so. I think if he ever does make a move, it could be to the NBA, but, ... not yet. Don't be surprised to see a lot of those kids come back next year. I am not saying I have inside track or anything, just a feeling that UF will look next season much like they did this season. Losing Richards hurts, but he was still just a role player.

I am with you LSURock, ... I would like to hear from all those who said 'it's a done deal, mark it down' or 'press conference scheduled on Tuesday for Billy D', etc.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. People who claim they have "inside sources", are full of crap.

KY fans feel etitled to take their wrath out on somebody whenever anything doesn't suit them. This time it will be Mitch, although he probably did all he could do. When somebody won't meet with you, and fans the flame of doubt just enough to keep you interested, what are you going to do?

Move on.