Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN says Donovan to stay

Featured Replies

I wont beleive it until I hear it from Billy.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has any coach in the history of college basketball quit and taken 5 commits with him to his next school? Unlikely to bring 1, let alone 5.:rolleyes:

 

None of them have signed a letter of intent. Players commit as much to the coach as they do to the school. If Columbus and Lexington was a big geographical difference then I dont think many would follow, but if he moves 3 hours down the road then I think they would follow.

Once again...this is why you don't listen to rumors.

 

Foley gave UK the green light to speak to Donovan last night but Foley and Donovan met this morning and agreed on a contract extension.

 

Who does UK go to now to coach?

How can this be? Doesn't Billy know that somebody actually flew from Lexington to Gainesville the other day? :rolleyes:

Calipari's been coaching for what 20 years now, and never have any of his coached teams been on probation. That says enough for me. I'm sure alot of people don't like his armonte outfits and his cockiness, but, to me, that's exactly what UK needs right now, someone with confidence and swagger and one who can handle the pressure that is Uk basketball....I think he's the best available coach out there myself, but, I am not sure he's willing to go anywhere with the kind of team he's got coming back next year and the class he's got coming in...

I am not sure but Ithink that there were problems in his last years at UMass with more tha onbe player/incident. I just find it hard to believe that all the talent at Memphis is on th up and up, maybe so though.

I wont beleive it until I hear it from Billy.

 

Well you best believe it...he was just on a phone conversation on ESPN as breaking news and announced it.

Once again...this is why you don't listen to rumors.

 

Foley gave UK the green light to speak to Donovan last night but Foley and Donovan met this morning and agreed on a contract extension.

 

Who does UK go to now to coach?

 

But is it signed?

WKYT out of Lexington also has reported it. (Donovan staying).

 

If true which it certainly seems to be, lets forget it and move on. If Donovan doesn't want us then we certainly don't want him.

In recounting that meeting, "He said, 'This my home, Jeremy. I love the University of Florida. I love you. I had a chance to talk to [wife] Christine and I'm not going anywhere."

Pretty good. That is what I am saying. It use to be we have a great team. Not pretty good. I know it hurts, but UK basketball is not the pinnacle of college basketball anymore. I am a UK fan, but I live in reality when I notice that coach's aren't dreaming of being the next UK basketball coach. There are better programs out there that have more people and coaches interested.

 

Uk is still one of the Top Notch programs in college basketball. Don't fool yourself..There teams may be a little sub par the next year or 2, but, the program is still well intact...Example: look at all the fanfare going on about the new coach. A lesser program wouldn't be making all this much noise and look at all the UL folks on here talking about it. If UK wasn't all that, why would that happen?

But is it signed?

 

Yes he signed it this morning. Billy D told ESPN that he and Foley had come to agreements this morning and signed an extension of his contract.

Yes he signed it this morning. Billy D told ESPN that he and Foley had come to agreements this morning and signed an extension of his contract.

 

But Katz is reporting they will hammer out the extension on his return from the DR.

Again, ESPN reported that Jeremy Foley asked to speak with Donovan first. Now they report that Donovan is staying at Florida. Did Mitch even talk to Donovan?!!:mad:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.