April 5, 200719 yr Let's Ditch Mitch no wonder Tubby could not recruit, It's obvious Barnhardt can't either. Barnhardt has the personality of a rock.
April 5, 200719 yr It's funny that a lot of people are wondering how Barnhart will address the situation... If he will even admit that he contacted Donovan... When if you actually click the link you can see Mitch quotes where he says they spoke on the phone earlier and that Donovan said he wasn't interested.
April 5, 200719 yr Let's Ditch Mitch no wonder Tubby could not recruit, It's obvious Barnhardt can't either. Barnhardt has the personality of a rock. :cry: Couldn't hire the coach with back to back titles... :cry:
April 5, 200719 yr Calapari Please Calipari isn't coming. Already signed an extension to stay at Memphis.
April 5, 200719 yr Calipari isn't coming. Already signed an extension to stay at Memphis. That really means nothing...he could still leave Memphis any time he wants according to what I've heard.
April 5, 200719 yr Calipari isn't coming. Already signed an extension to stay at Memphis. Hasn't signed it. Just agreed in principle.
April 5, 200719 yr Calipari isn't coming. Already signed an extension to stay at Memphis. How did that work out for Louisville and Petrino? Contracts mean squat.
April 5, 200719 yr You can't really blame Barnhart for this whole fiasco.............it's time to move on to Plan B though. Now if there is no Plan B, that can be blamed on Barnhart.
April 5, 200719 yr I say we get a movement going to remove Pitino's banner from Rupp. If you are a true blue fan or honored with a banner to hang in Rupp you should have enough love and respect for that program not to interfere and make public statements that a new coach should not take the Kentucky job. Pitino in my opinion is a trader and should no longer be honored in Rupp or by Kentucky. Heck Tubby won as many championships as Little Baby Ricky Pitino and we've not honored Tubby!
April 5, 200719 yr I say we get a movement going to remove Pitino's banner from Rupp. If you are a true blue fan or honored with a banner to hang in Rupp you should have enough love and respect for that program not to interfere and make public statements that a new coach should not take the Kentucky job. Pitino in my opinion is a trader and should no longer be honored in Rupp or by Kentucky. Heck Tubby won as many championships as Little Baby Ricky Pitino and we've not honored Tubby! Wow, that's grateful of you. I can't imagine why Pitino's view of UK fans has become jaded.
April 5, 200719 yr I personally would like to thank Pitino for flat out telling a lie "I'm not going to Boston" only to return to our arch rival 60 miles down the road and then proceed to try and help Donovan not to come to Kentucky. How much loyalty does Rick have for the way he was treated by Kentucky fans (as A God) by sticking his nose in where it did not belong.
April 5, 200719 yr Oh the heart break... Okay, its over now. Good. I wanted Billy just as much as the rest of you did, he's not coming. It's okay. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are other coaches out there that can do well at Kentucky. Here's to hoping that the next coach at UK does well. Wether it's Billy G, Barnes, Calapari, Pat Summitt, Phelphrey, Ford, D'Antoni, Matta or any of the other 200 names that have been mentioned, I hope they do well. We owe it to the next coach to give them a chance to succeed and not write them off the day they are hired.
April 5, 200719 yr I personally would like to thank Pitino for flat out telling a lie "I'm not going to Boston" only to return to our arch rival 60 miles down the road and then proceed to try and help Donovan not to come to Kentucky. How much loyalty does Rick have for the way he was treated by Kentucky fans (as A God) by sticking his nose in where it did not belong. Dude it's been 10 years since Pitino left. Get over it. He turned the NBA down the year before but the Celtics made an offer that no one would have refused. Give me a break.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.