Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN says Donovan to stay

Featured Replies

Like I said last night I wouldn't be surprised to hear plan B hired today...

:thumb: Me either...

  • Replies 150
  • Views 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN reported that Jeremy Foley asked to speak with Donovan first. Now they report that Donovan is staying at Florida. Did Mitch even talk to Donovan?

 

That is what I am wondering. Sounds like he didn't even make an attempt!:madman: Was an official offer ever made? I bet Mitch is planning on coaching the Cats next season.

Calipari and Matta have very good teams now. Do you think they want to come here and deal with this mess?

WOW!!! I thought everyone had all these sources saying that Billy D. had all but announced his intentions to coach UK next year? I knew everyone who knew someone was just trying to spread rumors. But hey, the chase was fun while it lasted. Let's hope for Gillespie or Calapari!

Does he have to wire back all that money to that bank in Lexington? What about the contract on the house that his wife picked out? No horse farm?:D

Calipari and Matta have very good teams now. Do you think they want to come here and deal with this mess?

 

Mess? Its not a mess. There maybe a down year or 2, but the UK basketball job is far from being a mess.

Matta already has 5 commitments for 08, all great prospects. Bring those in, and in 1 year we are pretty good.

It is now being reported on ESPNews that Billy D will be STAYING in Gainesville...

I'm still not buying it. Has he even talked to MB yet? Given, I think the chances of him coming are about 30/70 against, but I won't believe it until I hear it from the horse's mouth.

Mess? Its not a mess. There maybe a down year or 2, but the UK basketball job is far from being a mess.

Matta already has 5 commitments for 08, all great prospects. Bring those in, and in 1 year we are pretty good.

 

Has any coach in the history of college basketball quit and taken 5 commits with him to his next school? Unlikely to bring 1, let alone 5.:rolleyes:

Pretty good. That is what I am saying. It use to be we have a great team. Not pretty good. I know it hurts, but UK basketball is not the pinnacle of college basketball anymore. I am a UK fan, but I live in reality when I notice that coach's aren't dreaming of being the next UK basketball coach. There are better programs out there that have more people and coaches interested.

I'm still not buying it. Has he even talked to MB yet? Given, I think the chances of him coming are about 30/70 against, but I won't believe it until I hear it from the horse's mouth.

Maybe he just wanted to hear Foley tell him that he loved him, no I mean really loved him.:D

I don't trust either one of those personally, especially Calipari......(imo probation waiting to happen) same with Matta but I do not feel as strong on that as I do about Calipari.

 

I would think (and certainly hope) trhat Barnhart aleady has a plan B in case donovan turns it down. ;)

 

 

Calipari's been coaching for what 20 years now, and never have any of his coached teams been on probation. That says enough for me. I'm sure alot of people don't like his armonte outfits and his cockiness, but, to me, that's exactly what UK needs right now, someone with confidence and swagger and one who can handle the pressure that is Uk basketball....I think he's the best available coach out there myself, but, I am not sure he's willing to go anywhere with the kind of team he's got coming back next year and the class he's got coming in...

I'm guessing Andy Katz is their source. Why all the hate for Calipari, Marcus Camby getting an agent was the problem at UMass. He can recruit and plays uptempo.

Got anything for us, LABS?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.