Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Robby Wilcox

Featured Replies

I have watched this kid grow since the day he took his first breath on earth and he has turned into one of the best young men I have ever known. This kid has overcome more adversity in his athletic career than many will overcome in their lifetime. I wish with all of my heart that he could have experience the Sweet 16 in his career but it just wasn't meant to be but that does not take away from the things he has accomplished in his career. He accomplished many things on the basketball court and if he would have been healthy throughout his career and had more time on the court he would be in Ashland's top 20 in many categories. While I'm sure he wishes he could have had that time on the court, the time off the court has allowed him to learn things more important than basketball that he may not have learned otherwise. He has learned and accomplished life lessons that will benefit him much more than a scoring record will ever do. Robby played the majority of his junior year with a serious back injury that would have sidelind most kids with pain but not Robby, he played through the pain for most of the entire year. As soon as Robby worked his way back onto the court, another injury seemed to always occur but Wilcox never quit. He never asked "why me", he never complained, and he never ever quit. He just went to work... and he worked, and worked, and worked, until he got back on the court to compete with his team and that says alot about his character. It was truly inspiring to watch as he put in countless hours of rehab and practice to get back with his team. He knew his team needed him and he did absolutely everything he could to get back to them as fast as he possibly could. He is definately the most resilent young man I have ever seen and that will only benefit him in the future. I just wanted to give him a bit of appreciation for all the years of joy he has brought to my life. It's been a complete joy to watch you excell and grow in everything you put your mind to. I have no doubt that you will be everything you ever dream to be and I hope to be there for every step.

I too have known Robbie and his family for several years. I wish him the very best and I'll always remember him as the little kid with glasses and a basketball in his hand. He has grown into a tremendous player and great kid, where every he goes after high school I wish him well.

I have known Robby since he was a little boy, outside shooting ball at my house. I remember in maybe 6th or 7th grade Robbyw as hust and had to sit out an entire year from all sports. He has been seriously ill, and fought through many injuries but fought through them all. He is very resilient and one of the hardest working young men I have ever seen.

To say that I admire this yound man is major understatement. To go through all his physical distractions and STILL want to play the sport, is just a testiment to how determined this guy is to wanting to succeed. This also doesn't go with just sport, but acedemics. Above a 4.0!! I told him if my son could become half the young man he has shown, I would proud. I would also like to thank him again for allowing me be around him for the past 6 years.

Fine young man from a fine family. In fact, he can claim two of them- the Wilcox Family and the Henderson Family. I wish for him every success.

Robby is a fine young man. I wish him all the best in college.

  • Author
I have known Robby since he was a little boy, outside shooting ball at my house. I remember in maybe 6th or 7th grade Robbyw as hust and had to sit out an entire year from all sports. He has been seriously ill, and fought through many injuries but fought through them all. He is very resilient and one of the hardest working young men I have ever seen.

 

 

Yea, he had to sit out for the entire year with a knee injury but he worked hard to get back on the court. That was very difficult for a kid to handle but he handled better than most adults would.

Robbie is a great person inside and out. On and off the court. I too have watched him grow up and play sports, and he has always been a winner!!

If you have a son you can only hope he turns out to be a great kid like Robbie. The Wilcox clan did alot of things right and it shows by their kids.;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.