Green Energy - Convince Me

I think "safer" nuclear and maybe someday fission is the answer.

But other sources, like solar, wind, and hydro-electric should not be set aside. It's going to take a combination of a number of energy sources.

I think that's probably true as well, however some of the ones you mentioned are way too expensive, so it’s going to take a lot of improvement.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think "safer" nuclear and maybe someday fission is the answer.

But other sources, like solar, wind, and hydro-electric should not be set aside. It's going to take a combination of a number of energy sources.

I believe you mean fusion my friend.

Fission is what we use now. :thumb:

Well, both I guess. I'm just interested in what will replace what we use now or what in your opinion is a better option.

I think the issue is not so much that an alternative is found to completely replace our current non-renewable sources, but that they are developed to decrease our dependence upon them.

For instance, solar roof panels can decrease your dependence upon conventional electric sources in the home. I don't know how it works exactly, but I saw a segment on the news the other night, and the family had decreased their monthly electric bill by 2/3, I think it was. And they hadn't sacrificed any convenience. They had a big side-by-side refrigerator, 2 ovens, 4 tv's....

There are definitely options being explored for auto fuel. We should be prepared to embrace those changes as they occur.

I've got more, but no time...

I don't know how it works exactly, but I saw a segment on the news the other night, and the family had decreased their monthly electric bill by 2/3, I think it was. And they hadn't sacrificed any convenience. They had a big side-by-side refrigerator, 2 ovens, 4 tv's....
This makes me wonder. In the future, could it be that all (or most) energy production is self-produced at or near home?

I think the issue is not so much that an alternative is found to completely replace our current non-renewable sources, but that they are developed to decrease our dependence upon them.

For instance, solar roof panels can decrease your dependence upon conventional electric sources in the home. I don't know how it works exactly, but I saw a segment on the news the other night, and the family had decreased their monthly electric bill by 2/3, I think it was. And they hadn't sacrificed any convenience. They had a big side-by-side refrigerator, 2 ovens, 4 tv's....

There are definitely options being explored for auto fuel. We should be prepared to embrace those changes as they occur.

I've got more, but no time...

The problem I have with solar roof panels is they're stone ugly and not cheap at all.