Rudy, divorce & abortion?

From what I've read about 9/11, Rudy is not the hero that he's been made out to be. I've heard complaints from emergency workers that he went against emergency protocol, got in the way and some have blamed him for getting even more emergency workers killed than should have.

Do you have anything to read on that HHSDad? It would be very interesting to see what these guys have to say.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there no seperation of church and state in this country anymore? So many people vote on one or two issues and then let America fall behind and become vulnerable because of bad leadership. We have had a president who is pro-life for 7 years now, and still we have abortion. Some things are not going to change. I am not a supporter of abortion, but I try to look at all issues when I pick my candidate for President. In the last election millions voted for Bush because of two issues. As a result over 3,000 American men and women have lost their lives in a conflict we cannot resolve that dates back to biblical times.

Is there no seperation of church and state in this country anymore? So many people vote on one or two issues and then let America fall behind and become vulnerable because of bad leadership. We have had a president who is pro-life for 7 years now, and still we have abortion. Some things are not going to change. I am not a supporter of abortion, but I try to look at all issues when I pick my candidate for President. In the last election millions voted for Bush because of two issues. As a result over 3,000 American men and women have lost their lives in a conflict we cannot resolve that dates back to biblical times.

But there are presently two new Supreme Court justices that might (MIGHT) be more willing to find on the side of stopping abortions in future SC cases than was previously.

So, you give up on a situation that has not been able to been solved previously?

I am sure in the early 1800's there were people that viewed the slavery debate similar to your views on abortion.

God bless you! I agree 100%!:thumb:

But there are presently two new Supreme Court justices that might (MIGHT) be more willing to find on the side of stopping abortions in future SC cases than was previously.

So, you give up on a situation that has not been able to been solved previously?

I am sure in the early 1800's there were people that viewed the slavery debate similar to your views on abortion.

No one's giving up on anything.

Abortion, whether legal or illegal will continue.

Abortion is one of those issues that are better resolved within one's own community. The solution isn't to make it legal, or illegal. The solution is to stop the cause.

No one's giving up on anything.

Abortion, whether legal or illegal will continue.

Abortion is one of those issues that are better resolved within one's own community. The solution isn't to make it legal, or illegal. The solution is to stop the cause.

I agree that abortion legal or illegal will continue.

But is this an action that our society should be condoning because we make it legal, is the question.

I agree the best way is to stop the cause. But you don't make something legal while telling someone they shouldn't be doing it.

With that mindset, we should legalize ALL drugs because they are going to be done whether it is legal or illegal.

So you are saying I am wrong for considering my values developed by my faith when making the choice on whom I think should lead this country.

By the way, the last time I had heard 3,000 future American and women lose their lives EVERY SINGLE DAY because of abortion. The number of Americans who have lost their lives in Iraq PALE in comparison to the number of future Americans who have lost their lives in a SINGLE WEEK to abortion.

You want to talk travesty on losing lives, you had better pick a better argument than comparing the number of lives lost in Iraq to number of lives lost to the inconvenience of being pregnant.

I agree that abortion legal or illegal will continue.

But is this an action that our society should be condoning because we make it legal, is the question.

I agree the best way is to stop the cause. But you don't make something legal while telling someone they shouldn't be doing it.

With that mindset, we should legalize ALL drugs because they are going to be done whether it is legal or illegal.

How are you condoning or condemning abortion by electing a president? The fact of the matter is this....the President himself can do nothing to change the situation immediately.

Would you jeopardize the fate of our country in so many other areas to salve your conscience on one?

Unfortuantely elections are about voting for the lesser of two evils pretty much all the time.

How are you condoning or condemning abortion by electing a president? The fact of the matter is this....the President himself can do nothing to change the situation immediately.

Would you jeopardize the fate of our country in so many other areas to salve your conscience on one?

Unfortuantely elections are about voting for the lesser of two evils pretty much all the time.

Jesus made it pretty clear that if you harm one hair on the head of a child you are not in a good position.

I understand it short-term but also understand that long-term slavery had to be addressed in the early and mid 1800's until the mindset of the country was to the point that it could be changed.

My decisions I try to make based upon what God would want me to do. If I compare things that are going to effect my pocketbook or the things that are going to take the life of a future American, there is NO COMPARISION.

If I compare an action that has taken the lives of 3,000 Americans to the action that takes 3,000 future Americans lives EVERY SINGLE DAY, it is no comparison.

The loss of lives in Iraq is a horrible tragedy that this country is in.

The loss of lives through abortion is a horrible tragedy that is ten-fold worse.

Jesus made it pretty clear that if you harm one hair on the head of a child you are not in a good position.

I understand it short-term but also understand that long-term slavery had to be addressed in the early and mid 1800's until the mindset of the country was to the point that it could be changed.

My decisions I try to make based upon what God would want me to do. If I compare things that are going to effect my pocketbook or the things that are going to take the life of a future American, there is NO COMPARISION.

If I compare an action that has taken the lives of 3,000 Americans to the action that takes 3,000 future Americans lives EVERY SINGLE DAY, it is no comparison.

The loss of lives in Iraq is a horrible tragedy that this country is in.

The loss of lives through abortion is a horrible tragedy that is ten-fold worse.

So, you will not vote at all if your only two choices are pro-choice?

So, you will not vote at all if your only two choices are pro-choice?

At that point, I will be force to cast my vote for a third party that will basically be throwing my vote away for the country or choose the lesser of two really bad evils or not voting.

I would be hard-pressed to vote for either Rudy G or Hilary. I would feel like I am selling my soul to the devil in voting for either. I consider them pretty much the same person in my book. Not sure why, just the impression I have gotten from them.

I would vote for

Mike Huckabee:D

At that point, I will be force to cast my vote for a third party that will basically be throwing my vote away for the country or choose the lesser of two really bad evils or not voting.

I would be hard-pressed to vote for either Rudy G or Hilary. I would feel like I am selling my soul to the devil in voting for either. I consider them pretty much the same person in my book. Not sure why, just the impression I have gotten from them.

I would vote for

Mike Huckabee:D

:thumb:

I just don't see Rudy getting the support of the far right and evangelicals with Rudy being divorced twice and his stance on abortion. I would think they would feel betrayed and will either not vote, or try and send a message and vote for a democrat.

I don't think they will trust him. Rather that he is playing that role now to get votes and won't represent their beliefs once in the White House.