Expectations of UK Men's Basketball Team

ladiesbballcoach

Exactly what I would like to see. Play with some swagger and confidence.

Walk on the floor knowing you are going to win and play like it.

Don't play scared and don't play afraid to make a mistake. Let it all hang out! I could live with things if they played like this every night.

That's how I coach now and thats how I played the game back in the day.

I like the way you worded it...and that's how I'd like to see UK play, instead of that tentative offensive style. They're act like they're scared to death to push the ball or attack the basket. Occasionally, they start playing loose and confident and when they do, they look good (see the Vandy game when they were building a double-digit lead), then it's almost like they say, "Wait...we're not supposed to play like this." And, as if they flip a switch, they go back to standing around and playing tentative (see 3 shot clock violations in second half in same game against Vandy). Tubby's teams have split personalities, which wouldn't be so bad if we'd see more of the former and less of the latter....:thumb:

For UK, I think every other year is too low of an expectation. I could consider 2 out of 3 but 50% of the time losing in the first weekend, I don't think is acceptable for UK.

Yes, but, look down lower...I would like them in an elite 8 at least every 3-4 years, so, if they get bumped in the 1st 2 rounds one year, there going to need to be in the elite 8 at least 1 of the next 3 years and in the sweet 16 at least twice, so, i'm sortof giving and taking a little ...

I like the way you worded it...and that's how I'd like to see UK play, instead of that tentative offensive style. They're act like they're scared to death to push the ball or attack the basket. Occasionally, they start playing loose and confident and when they do, they look good (see the Vandy game when they were building a double-digit lead), then it's almost like they say, "Wait...we're not supposed to play like this." And, as if they flip a switch, they go back to standing around and playing tentative (see 3 shot clock violations in second half in same game against Vandy). Tubby's teams have split personalities, which wouldn't be so bad if we'd see more of the former and less of the latter....:thumb:

I just don't see the bolded. They fast break when they have it. Many times they push the ball and look for early open shots. They do attack the basket as early in the season the complaint was that they dribbled too much looking to attack the basket.

I just don't see the bolded. They fast break when they have it. Many times they push the ball and look for early open shots. They do attack the basket as early in the season the complaint was that they dribbled too much looking to attack the basket.

I guess we just see things differently. :thumb:

Because of the team's recent losses its hard to see this, but I do believe we have been more fun to watch than last year's team. There are times when we dont look good, but hey we are 2nd I believe in scoring in the SEC right now in conference play. I think our defense has been good at times, our offense looks better than last years. The biggest issue I see with this team is execution in the last 3 minutes of ball games.