Maryland 85 Duke 77

CatchMeIfYouCan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun game to watch.

I was a little confused at one point in the 2nd half.....The announcer, not Dickie V, went crazy when Scheyer hit a 3. Something along the lines of, "Wow! What a great shot by Scheyer!" It just looked like a normal pull up 3 to me, but who knows.

McRoberts just bugs me. It has nothing to do with him playing for Duke either. The way he looks on the court, just reeks of arrogance IMO. Something about him I just can't stand. Anyone else feel that way?

Duke possibly 8-8 in ACC play, when was the last time that happened? (calling RP)

Fun game to watch.

I was a little confused at one point in the 2nd half.....The announcer, not Dickie V, went crazy when Scheyer hit a 3. Something along the lines of, "Wow! What a great shot by Scheyer!" It just looked like a normal pull up 3 to me, but who knows.

McRoberts just bugs me. It has nothing to do with him playing for Duke either. The way he looks on the court, just reeks of arrogance IMO. Something about him I just can't stand. Anyone else feel that way?

Duke possibly 8-8 in ACC play, when was the last time that happened? (calling RP)

It seems like everytime he gets called for his foul he is running his mouth. Maybe its not directed at the official, but it irritates me.

Lucas noticed as well. Not much time open at the 1...

Yea but the way UK's recruiting has gone lately, he'll probably think that he is better off trying to compete with that than 3 pts. 1 rb. and 5 ast. :irked:

Fun game to watch.

It could be the first time they have no had a winning record in the ACC since the 95-96 season...We all know what happened that year...:sssh: :lol:

Unranked Maryland goes on the road to 14th-ranked Duke with identical overall and conference W-L marks and defeats the Devils on the road. Last time these two played, there was speculation regarding Duke's possible tourney seed and I recall saying something to the effect that I didn't quite understand how Duke could be seeded as high as the scuttlebut had them seeded. I was gently told in so many words that there were some things that I just didn't understand.

Here's what I do understand. The Terps have shown marked improvement on the year. Team against team, they're better than Duke. The overall and conference W-L advantage now goes to Maryland. The Terps deserve to be ranked ahead of the Devils, but they won't be. At this point in time, they would deserve a higher tourney seeding, but that wouldn't happen either. I'm still not seeing how Duke should be seeded at 5 or 6 in the tourney if Maryland isn't seeded as high or higher. I don't care about regular-season rankings; it's the tourney seedings that I'm interested in.

And I'm not a Duke hater at all. I've been an ACC basketball fan for close to 40 years. Maryland, UNC and Duke, in that order, are my favorite teams.

PS - gotta love those RockPride updates. They remind me of a kid coaxing a pet cat out of a tree. C'mon, baby - you can do it. Pleeeeeaaaasssse... One thing's for sure - he supports his team to the max, nothing wrong with that.

Fear the Turtle!

PS - gotta love those RockPride updates. They remind me of a kid coaxing a pet cat out of a tree. C'mon, baby - you can do it. Pleeeeeaaaasssse... One thing's for sure - he supports his team to the max, nothing wrong with that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Classic...