Tennessee 86 Florida 76

DragonFire

The slide continues for the Gators and Tennessee finishes perfect at home. The one bright spot for the Gators was that they did cut a 27 point deficit down to 9, but they couldn't pull the complete miracle to get all the way back.

I know I will be turning this towards UK by posting this, but this was a bad, bad result for the Wildcats. This means UK must win out to have a shot at THIRD in the SEC East. They could still theoretically finish second, but it appears that the four seed is the best they'll do, with a real possibility of finishing fifth. If UK loses to Georgia, they will be fifth.

The slide continues for the Gators and Tennessee finishes perfect at home. The one bright spot for the Gators was that they did cut a 27 point deficit down to 9, but they couldn't pull the complete miracle to get all the way back.

I know I will be turning this towards UK by posting this, but this was a bad, bad result for the Wildcats. This means UK must win out to have a shot at THIRD in the SEC East. They could still theoretically finish second, but it appears that the four seed is the best they'll do, with a real possibility of finishing fifth. If UK loses to Georgia, they will be fifth.

Well honestly if we are not going to get the 2 seed, wouldn't be better for us anyways to be the 4 seed? Because doesn't the 4 seed play on the other side of the bracket of Florida?

As Mike DeCoursey of the Sporting News said, "great teams don't have stinkers of games...Florida is not a great team."

Florida has struggled since the end of January.

Something is up with them and they are potentially slipping seed wise.

Are the starters wearing down, because they are essentially only 7 deep?

Well honestly if we are not going to get the 2 seed, wouldn't be better for us anyways to be the 4 seed? Because doesn't the 4 seed play on the other side of the bracket of Florida?

Yeah, if we arent the #2 team then we want to be #4 to stay away from the gators in the SEC tourney until the finals.

So then actually Tennessee winning tonight helps us out!!! :thumb:

(As long as we beat Georgia now...)

Actually if we're 4th in the east we'll play Arkansas, but if we lose to UGA we'll play Auburn. I think thats right anyway. So really we should lose to UGA too.

Actually if we're 4th in the east we'll play Arkansas, but if we lose to UGA we'll play Auburn. I think thats right anyway. So really we should lose to UGA too.

Auburn has been playing alot better since we beat them earlier in the year, and Arkansas is a team that has less confidence than we do now. So I would much rather play Arkansas, and then not have to play Florida in the second round...