CovCath 102 Beechwood 43

Cov Cath was shooting 3's in the last couple of minutes in the game, but i dont know if they were trying to make a point. I think beating somebody by 40 is plenty. I think Cov Cath had 86 when there was a timeout called with 5 minutes left. I think the kids wanted to get to the 100 mark. And the comment about hall shooting 3's late in the game, isn't he primarly just a 3pt shooter, but i do agree, shouldnt be shooting 3's when your up by that much, goes for both teams.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it impacted BW enough to realize that when they have the opportunity, back off and show some sportsmanship! I have seen with my own 2 eyes a couple games where they (either with or without directives) have had Hall in late shooting 3's, have continued to break, and scored mercilously on some inferior team's reserve players. Every dog has their day

I guess what goes around comes around. I witnessed these same Beechies win a JV game last year 58-6. Hall and Mitts played in the game and were still jacking 3's with a minute to go.

Sounds like its questionable CovCath was trying to actually run the score up, or whether the JV's were better than the BW counterparts??

What shocks me the most about this thread is that Beechwood could beat someone 58-6, or be in a position to be running the score up very often; and I don't care if its JV, frosh or whatever?? If they did, then they deserve what happened in this one!!

So wrongs make rights? That is very interesting BGGreen.

Never a fan of running up the score in any sport!! Probably stated that a little wrong, but I don't think CovCath has a history of this type thing, although they did beat them pretty bad in the earlier game as well??

Forgive me, I'm still trying to get over the "Class A basketball in NKY is not very good" comment. :D

If Beechwood had taken out it's starters, then I would be screaming at Coach L also, but as long as Beechwood had their starters still in the game, then to me at least, it is fair for a bunch of Sophomores to score. Remember Guru, this Beechwood team had 16 wins (only CovCath, Cov Holmes, and Booen Co had more wins) for the fourth most wins of any team in the Ninth Region.... So we aren't talking a sisters of the poor, type of team.....

If Beechwood had taken out it's starters, then I would be screaming at Coach L also, but as long as Beechwood had their starters still in the game, then to me at least, it is fair for a bunch of Sophomores to score. Remember Guru, this Beechwood team had 16 wins, and had the fourth most wins of any team in the Ninth Region.... So we aren't talking a sisters of the poor, type of team.....

Are you insisting that they are the 4th best team in the ninth, because you would be sadly mistaken. I'm sure your not saying they are, but you have to realize the schedule in which they got the 16 wins, it is a weak small school schedule.

Are you insisting that they are the 4th best team in the ninth, because you would be sadly mistaken. I'm sure your not saying they are, but you have to realize the schedule in which they got the 16 wins, it is a weak small school schedule.

If you go to the KHSAA web site, you see CovCath, Holmes, and Boone as 1, 2, 3 in wins, followed by Beechwood. You know that Beechwood isn't the fourth best team in the Region and I know they aren't either, but it is right there in black and white.

Oh btw the team with the third best record in the Ninth was sent home tonight... When you lose that first round game, you go home, no matter what your regular season record is......Funny I never have seen a lower seeded team, who beat a top seeded team, say sorry, you are better than us, so you move on not us........

So we aren't talking a sisters of the poor, type of team.....

No offense to Bwood, but they are not very good . They're not top 10. They're bottom 10. I'm not taking anything away from their season but lets keep it in perspective. They simply do not have the talent and numbers to compete even with an average 9th region team.

Are we really saying that the CCH JV when playing against the Beechwood varsity should take it easy on them?

If you go to the KHSAA web site, you see CovCath, Holmes, and Boone as 1, 2, 3 in wins, followed by Beechwood. You know that Beechwood isn't the fourth best team in the Region and I know they aren't either, but it is right there in black and white.

Oh btw the team with the third best record in the Ninth was sent home tonight... When you lose that first round game, you go home, no matter what your regular season record is......Funny I never have seen a lower seeded team, who beat a top seeded team, say sorry, you are better than us, so you move on not us........

I never said anything about record, you brought up that Beechwood had 16 wins, In this case there record this year was no reflection on how bad this beechwood team was this year.

I never said anything about record, you brought up that Beechwood had 16 wins, In this case there record this year was no reflection on how bad this beechwood team was this year.

And I agreed with you....But ......16 wins is still 16 wins.....

No offense to Bwood, but they are not very good . They're not top 10. They're bottom 10. I'm not taking anything away from their season but lets keep it in perspective. They simply do not have the talent and numbers to compete even with an average 9th region team.

Are we really saying that the CCH JV when playing against the Beechwood varsity should take it easy on them?[/QUOTE]

No but i would be willing to place a friendly wager that CCH J.V would beat a lot of the ninths first round district losers. Exceptions being Holy Cross and Boone.

And I agreed with you....But ......16 wins is still 16 wins.....

Their 16 wins were as follows:

Grant County

Leslie County

Silver Grove (split 2)

Newport

Ludlow (twice)

Dayton (3 times)

Heritage (3 times)

Calvary Christian (twice)

Villa Madonna (twice)

Hardly a murder's row, even for an "A" school?? I'd say the best wins were Newport and Silver Grove the 2nd time.

Their 16 wins were as follows:

Grant County

Leslie County

Silver Grove (split 2)

Newport

Ludlow (twice)

Dayton (3 times)

Heritage (3 times)

Calvary Christian (twice)

Villa Madonna (twice)

Hardly a murder's row, even for an "A" school?? I'd say the best wins were Newport and Silver Grove the 2nd time.

They should be embarrassed by the schedule, if your a "A" school around here you should be playing St. Henry, NewCath, etc. much less Calvary, Villa, Dayton and Heritage. Me, the Guru and the Old Guy could win 10 games with that schedule !!!!!!