UK Once Again Still A Lock for NCAA Tournament

futurecoach

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What they have to say on the 'Cats:

Kentucky stays there, although it would be smart for the Cats to handle Georgia at home Wednesday ahead of a trip to the Swamp. Could a disaster scenario (two more L's and a first-round SEC tourney exit) somehow dislodge the Cats despite their incredible computer numbers? Still unlikely, but not worth chancing it.

What they have to say on the 'Cats:

He brought up the worst case possible which is lose out, and still believes it is unlikely the Cats miss the tournament. So most likely one more win pretty much would put an end to the littlest bit of chance they have at not making it...

He brought up the worst case possible which is lose out, and still believes it is unlikely the Cats miss the tournament. So most likely one more win pretty much would put an end to the littlest bit of chance they have at not making it...

And that's been my stance. Win one more and it's a non issue. Lose out and they are on a huge bubble with a lot of others holding similar resumes...

And that's been my stance. Win one more and it's a non issue. Lose out and they are on a huge bubble with a lot of others holding similar resumes...

I agree with that! If they lose out they definitely are on a big bubble, but IMO I still believe they would get in. It might not be because we deserve to get in over someone with a similar resume, but it probably would be because of our name UK that gets us in...

I agree with that! If they lose out they definitely are on a big bubble, but IMO I still believe they would get in. It might not be because we deserve to get in over someone with a similar resume, but it probably would be because of our name UK that gets us in...
That's probably not going to be good enough with this committee.

Once again, this comes up...Where are the people that blasted me for saying this a few weeks ago?? Do I need to start calling folks out? :sssh:

Once again, this comes up...Where are the people that blasted me for saying this a few weeks ago?? Do I need to start calling folks out? :sssh:

Thats fine with me if you do. All I have said for the last few weeks is that UK will make it. The reason I said that is because I knew even if we did falter and start losing alot, the name alone probably still would get us in. Its the same with any top school, I mean if it was Duke, UNC, etc. they would also get into because of name if they had the same resume as us. Because with having such a strong ranking in the computers, it is the perfect excuse to put us in, instead of saying it was just because of who they are...

The sad thing is that they will be getting in on name only. If you took what they have done this season and put it on Georgia they would be outside needing to make a run in the SEC tourney to get into the big dance.

If they lose out yeah it would be getting in on name only. But if it ended today it wouldn't be just because of the name only...

Sure why not.... It's more fun that way.

Thats fine with me if you do/

Ask and ye shall receive....;)

UK will get in simply because of the name on their chest....

:lol:

Am I wrong? Or are you laughing because you know how significant that really is....

Saying that they will only make it because of their name is very off IMO

Deuce you know they are in with how they have played this year don't give me that. I am not saying it doesn't help them but in no way shape or form is it why they will get in this year.

To say UK will get one simply because of their name is garbage.