Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 34 Corbin 33

Who wins? 113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Corbin
      12%
      14
    • Boyle County
      87%
      99

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/29/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, TilghmanPride said:

I seen the comments, now I watched the clip. Wow!!!! All the adjectives describing it are correct. That's not possible. 

I’d say it’s a good thing this is a PG board. It’s inexcusable.

  • Replies 192
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Actually, Boyle is 5-4 vs Corbin all-time with the first meeting in the 1977 playoffs (a Corbin win).  Boyle has won 5 of the last 6 meetings.  They are heavy teams have met in the state championship

  • Needs an official in the background with a whistle!

  • I’m a Boyle fan and I will say that is a hell of a way to lose.  If it were the other way around I would have been furious.  I was on the sideline and heard the inadvertent whistle although the ball s

Posted Images

And Haddix ran way onto the field and nothing was called against Boyle. 
 

  • Author

The fumble is the worst part, but I don't know how an official could look at himself in the mirror to also throw the unsportsmanlike penalty.  Corbin may still not have won but that all but stole any opportunity they had.  Man....

That is extremely bad, no doubt…

But over 3:00 of time left? I was thinking this was in the closing seconds of the game. I’m assuming Corbin didn’t stop Boyle on that possession?

Does Corbin have a great kicker? Whose to say they even score?

One of the most obvious blown calls that I've seen. I have no dog in this fight, but Corbin was robbed of a chance to win the game right there.

While that was a terrible call but remember Corbin could have been up 1 in the game if not for the two blocked extra points.

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

While that was a terrible call but remember Corbin could have been up 1 in the game if not for the two blocked extra points.

And this…

1 minute ago, DragonFire said:

The fumble is the worst part, but I don't know how an official could look at himself in the mirror to also throw the unsportsmanlike penalty.  Corbin may still not have won but that all but stole any opportunity they had.  Man....

You say the magic word(s) it’s pretty easy. I agree I’d be tossed out of the game.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

You say the magic word(s) it’s pretty easy. I agree I’d be tossed out of the game.

I cannot imagine the amount of rope I'd think they'd give a coach before throwing a flag.  

That being said, I went back and I guess it wasn't an unsportsmanlike penalty unless they also misapplied that.  Because when it went back to the original line of scrimmage (or wherever it was), it wasn't even second down, it was first down.  So whatever they called, gave an automatic first, or they otherwise screwed that up as well.  The referee never signaled anything that I saw on the Boyle County broadcast, so I don't know exactly what the penalty was.

  • Author
10 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

That is extremely bad, no doubt…

But over 3:00 of time left? I was thinking this was in the closing seconds of the game. I’m assuming Corbin didn’t stop Boyle on that possession?

Does Corbin have a great kicker? Whose to say they even score?

All it took was one first down.  Corbin only had one timeout and Boyle County picked up the first on 3rd and 1.  And it also changed what was going to be a 2nd and 30 or so if they were given possession of the ball to a 1st and 10 after whatever they called.  

Honestly, if there had been less time then I would think this would be less egregious.  It's precisely because there was around 3:00 left that it was so impactful.  Corbin's offense is designed to bleed the rest of that clock while going in for a score.  It didn't decide the game, but there's no diminishing the impact.  It virtually ended it.

I'm pretty sure what happened was the white hat blew the play dead even the Boyle County quarterback first tried to roll over on the ball.  It was an inadvertent whistle, and the down was replayed from the previous spot.  They gave no penalty indication, and the bag was placed at the previous spot. 

So, why didn’t they have offsetting unsportsmanlike penalties?  Boyle’s coach came flying out to midfield as well.  Just bad all the way around. 

The ruling was an inadvertent whistle. Under high school rules the team that maintains possession on the inadvertent whistle has the option of taking the ball at the spot of the inadvertent whistle or replaying the down. The choice made was to replay the down that’s why the ball went back to the previous spot. 
 

An inadvertent whistle is one of the worst things that an official can do because it’s very preventable. Most officials are generally late blowing their whistle just to make sure that doesn’t happen. 

Terrible. It wasn’t about whether Boyle recovered or not. In advertant whistle blew the play dead which kills the play immediately. Ref never needs to call another game. 

KHSAA owes Corbin a apology.

 

 

 

 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.