Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 34 Corbin 33

Who wins? 113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Corbin
      12%
      14
    • Boyle County
      87%
      99

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/29/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm pretty sure what happened was the white hat blew the play dead even the Boyle County quarterback first tried to roll over on the ball.  It was an inadvertent whistle, and the down was replayed from the previous spot.  They gave no penalty indication, and the bag was placed at the previous spot. 

This makes sense.

  • Replies 192
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Actually, Boyle is 5-4 vs Corbin all-time with the first meeting in the 1977 playoffs (a Corbin win).  Boyle has won 5 of the last 6 meetings.  They are heavy teams have met in the state championship

  • Needs an official in the background with a whistle!

  • I’m a Boyle fan and I will say that is a hell of a way to lose.  If it were the other way around I would have been furious.  I was on the sideline and heard the inadvertent whistle although the ball s

Posted Images

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm pretty sure what happened was the white hat blew the play dead even the Boyle County quarterback first tried to roll over on the ball.  It was an inadvertent whistle, and the down was replayed from the previous spot.  They gave no penalty indication, and the bag was placed at the previous spot. 

 

Just now, StudRB said:

The ruling was an inadvertent whistle. Under high school rules the team that maintains possession on the inadvertent whistle has the option of taking the ball at the spot of the inadvertent whistle or replaying the down. The choice made was to replay the down. 
 

An inadvertent whistle is one of the worst things that an official can do because it’s very preventable. Most officials are generally late blowing their whistle just to make sure that doesn’t happen. 

That just gets worse and worse then, because it's the action that screws Corbin over the most.  When your options are possession of the ball or 2nd and 30, and the official screws them over that badly.... wow.  

Also curious what happens to time on an inadvertent whistle.  Should they have tried to adjust back to the clock on the previous play?

2 minutes ago, RetiredCoach1968 said:

Terrible. It wasn’t about whether Boyle recovered or not. In advertant whistle blew the play dead which kills the play immediately. Ref never needs to call another game. 

Because of one mistake? 

1 minute ago, DragonFire said:

 

That just gets worse and worse then, because it's the action that screws Corbin over the most.  When your options are possession of the ball or 2nd and 30, and the official screws them over that badly.... wow.  

Also curious what happens to time on an inadvertent whistle.  Should they have tried to adjust back to the clock on the previous play?

On an inadvertent whistle the clock stops at the point in which the whistle was blown. 

  • Author
1 minute ago, StudRB said:

On an inadvertent whistle the clock stops at the point in which the whistle was blown. 

So it would have cost them some seconds as well.  Disastrous.

With that knowledge I went back and watched the signal and yes, it does look like he says inadvertent whistle, but I'm not much a lip reader.  I was trying to look up the signal for that as I don't know what it is, but I couldn't tell if the signal is that.  I will say I didn't hear a whistle at all, so it's hard to make a judgment on it.  

Sure couldn’t hear a whistle in the video and no kids on the field stopped. 
Pretty bad


 

What region officials called this one?

Just now, new fan said:

Sure couldn’t hear a whistle in the video and no kids on the field stopped. 
Pretty bad


 

There's no way you were hearing a whistle on the video with the camera that far away and the crowd that was there tonight.  And the kids weren't going to drop as long as the ball was loose.  What if was not, was any kind of penalty. It had to be an inadvertent whistle. 

I watched the postgame on the Boyle coverage and their coaches said only 1 ref blew the whistle no others did and it is an inadvertent whistle and the by rule the ball goes back to the original line and is replayed. Sad.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

There's no way you were hearing a whistle on the video with the camera that far away and the crowd that was there tonight.  And the kids weren't going to drop as long as the ball was loose.  What if was not, was any kind of penalty. It had to be an inadvertent whistle. 

Why was the Boyle coach in the middle of the field with the officials?

I wonder at what point the inadvertent whistle happen? 

15 minutes ago, Golf2074 said:

KHSAA owes Corbin a apology.

 

 

 

 

 

So does their offensive line on special teams.  If they don't get 2 extra points blocked, they are up by 1 after that last touchdown.  They still would have had to have scored even if they fumble on that bad snap.

An inadvertent whistle at that moment is pretty darn bad! Especially when it favors the home team against a team from several counties away 

Just now, catfan09 said:

Why was the Boyle coach in the middle of the field with the officials?

I wonder at what point the inadvertent whistle happen? 

It had to be before the Corbin recovery, otherwise it would have just been the stop play whistle. 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

So does their offensive line on special teams.  If they don't get 2 extra points blocked, they are up by 1 after that last touchdown.  They still would have had to have scored even if they fumble on that bad snap.

Momentum sure got an ice bath by a terrible official mistake.  Corbin players will remember that call the rest of their lives.  Boyle will try to dismiss it as the breaks of the game.

I’m a Boyle fan and I will say that is a hell of a way to lose.  If it were the other way around I would have been furious.  I was on the sideline and heard the inadvertent whistle although the ball squirted out from the QB.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.