Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hicks' fight not over.

Featured Replies

This story is not going away anytime soon. It's going to get a lot worse before it get any better.

scooterbob what options does Hicks have?

Interesting article, trust me when I tell you, coaches are not let go during the season unless something bad happened, and from the sounds of the support of the parents toward coach Hicks, that didn't happen. Sounds to me like the coach didn't work and play well with the big boys, need to pay CLOSE attention to that article, it will reveal the real problem.

Interesting article, trust me when I tell you, coaches are not let go during the season unless something bad happened, and from the sounds of the support of the parents toward coach Hicks, that didn't happen. Sounds to me like the coach didn't work and play well with the big boys, need to pay CLOSE attention to that article, it will reveal the real problem.

I am sure it is all made up by some of the most respected men in 16th region athletics.;) :sleep: :rolleyes:

You are probably right.:laugh:

I really can't get much out of this article. Hicks and his legal representative have a right to pursue this I guess but I just don't see where they have any chance. I am not a legal expert by any stretch and don't claim to be. From what I can tell GCHS kept him on as a teacher (if he has tenure, they basically have to), he will still recieve the coaches pay. GCHS doesn't have to keep him as their basketball coach, just as a teacher with tenure. Imo the GCHS administration (right or wrong) decided to relieve Hicks of his coaching duties only and I belive that they have a right to do so as long as they retain him as a teacher. All of this is at just going to make a bad situation worse at GCHS and the kids certainly deserve better from all parties involved. JMO

I really can't get much out of this article. Hicks and his legal representative have a right to pursue this I guess but I just don't see where they have any chance. I am not a legal expert by any stretch and don't claim to be. From what I can tell GCHS kept him on as a teacher (if he has tenure, they basically have to), he will still recieve the coaches pay. GCHS doesn't have to keep him as their basketball coach, just as a teacher with tenure. Imo the GCHS administration (right or wrong) decided to relieve Hicks of his coaching duties only and I belive that they have a right to do so as long as they retain him as a teacher. All of this is at just going to make a bad situation worse at GCHS and the kids certainly deserve better from all parties involved. JMO
:thumb:

Let's all keep in mind, this is a matter which could either be litigated or involve some form of legal proceedings.

 

The allegations will NOT be discussed on BGP. Obviously there are differing sides, opinions and the outcome will be decided by others.

I really can't get much out of this article. Hicks and his legal representative have a right to pursue this I guess but I just don't see where they have any chance. I am not a legal expert by any stretch and don't claim to be. From what I can tell GCHS kept him on as a teacher (if he has tenure, they basically have to), he will still recieve the coaches pay. GCHS doesn't have to keep him as their basketball coach, just as a teacher with tenure. Imo the GCHS administration (right or wrong) decided to relieve Hicks of his coaching duties only and I belive that they have a right to do so as long as they retain him as a teacher. All of this is at just going to make a bad situation worse at GCHS and the kids certainly deserve better from all parties involved. JMO

 

OR, I get the feeling that Hick's and his attorney are being purposely vague in the ADI story. Probably part of their strategy...

 

If Hicks has been wrongly accused, then just leaving and letting it go away won't solve the problem. In addition it will harm Hick's chances of coaching again. This involves a man's career. IF he is innocent, then he needs to persue this not just for his sake, but for coaches everywhere.

 

IMHO,

Incognito

OR, I get the feeling that Hick's and his attorney are being purposely vague in the ADI story. Probably part of their strategy...

 

If Hicks has been wrongly accused, then just leaving and letting it go away won't solve the problem. In addition it will harm Hick's chances of coaching again. This involves a man's career. IF he is innocent, then he needs to persue this not just for his sake, but for coaches everywhere.

 

IMHO,

Incognito

Would you want to work where you are obviously not wanted?

Bizarre to me.

Like I said before, let's all keep in mind, this is a matter which could either be litigated or involve some form of legal proceedings.

 

:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.