Bishop Brossart 63 Bracken Co. 43

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading your post on here up through this one it sounds as though you are ready also for a head coaching position. As a outsider, I know winning cures a lot of things, I think the Bracken faithful need to be loyal and stick with and trust the coaching staff they have. They can't play the game for the girls.

Very well put PRESSROW also i believe it takes a while for a program to be built and for evryone to understand each other coaches staff players ect. I think the Lady Bear program will turn around but it does take time Keep playing hard Lady Bears and good luck the rest of the way

The Lady Bear program needs to turn around. I have been around this program for a very long time and not just recently.. It seems to me like we always reached at least 10 wins and last year we didnt and we have to win 4 more this year to do that... It just seems like to me that we are going in the wrong direction.. I believe that we can win 4 games with our week schedule that we have remaining, but will we is the question?

LadyBearMom you need to realize that building a program and Rome being built has a lot in common.. Neither can take place over night. It takes players a while to buy into new concepts when a new coach is hired.. The players are starting to buy into Coach Schultz's system. Give us and the players time and you will see some good positive things happen.

Dont be so negative.. One bad thing happens and you are ready to throw in the towel..

Bracken County has a long history of great middle school and freshman teams on the boys and girls side as far back as when there was 3 elementary schools and except for a year here and there have under achieved on the varsity level, the reasons are varied.

If im not mistaken if you go back to the 80,s threw the 90,s i think the girls won the district like 8-10 years straight or something like that for a girls program that seems pretty good to me i agree today,s kids seem to be lacking something but i wouldnt say that Bracken under achieved on the varsity leve JMO

I think if you talk about a system as a hole then it needs to start from the bottom with the young kids so when they get to high school they arnt being taught the basics yes i think they still need to do the basics but not be taught that should be done from 3 grade all the way threw if you have to teach fundementals at the high school level then you are already behind. I think things are heading in the right direction just takes some time

The Lady Bear program needs to turn around. I have been around this program for a very long time and not just recently.. It seems to me like we always reached at least 10 wins and last year we didnt and we have to win 4 more this year to do that... It just seems like to me that we are going in the wrong direction.. I believe that we can win 4 games with our week schedule that we have remaining, but will we is the question?

I don't know how long you been around the program but Bracken County hasn't been what i would call a good program. If you go back to 1998-1999 till the present you'll see that they have only had 2 winning seasons in 8 years that dosent sound like a very solid program. In those eight years they reached the 10 win mark 5 times . Here are the records and years 1998-99 10-13, 1999-00 12-9, 2000-01 7-16, 2001-02 6-20, 2002-03 12-13, 2003-04 13-17, 2004-05 14-13 2005-06 6-19 If you ask most people i dont think they will say well we reached 10 wins this year but we still had a good season even though it was a losing season. A losing season is a losing season know matter how you look at it . So i wouldn't be to quick to jump that there is a sudden downfall with the Lady Bears program. The girls go out and play hard and do the best they can , and the coaching staff does everything they need to to prepare the girls for the games. I know that Coach Schultz and Coach Kelsch are both very good students of the game and they teach it well. I think what everyone needs is to try and understand that things take time its a process and when you are at a small school you don't always have the numbers that some of the bigger schools have. So you work with what you have. As far as a change i think in time things will change for the good but you have to support what you have and it sounds like you don't support anyone but the girls and that is not what being a suppoter is! Hope you can now see that even though last year they didn't get 10 wins and they have to win 4 more this year to get there, that there is a difference in how the girls play from last year to this, and that the program as a hole was not solid before This group of coaches came aboard. Maybe in your eyes 10 wins is a good season but i would think standing behind and supporting the entire program can only make things better. Its not fun to lose no one enjoys that but when people start not supporting the program, that is when it makes things really hard not only for the program but also for the girls, coaching staff and fans. Good Luck to the Coaches Players and staff at Bracken County there are still a few of us who BELIEVE in the WHOLE program and in each individual no matter what your role is. Things will get better but you cannot stop beliveing in what you are trying to achieve!

Very well posted CountryBoy7!!! Countryboy7 helped me realize a valid point. I understand that at Class A schools that 10 wins may be considered a good season, but never is it considered a winning season or a successful one when you have lost more than you ahve won... For example - 2003-04 13-17... The team won over 10 games but also lost more games then they won, so it is not a winning season.

People need to start setting the standards and expectations higher.. You strive for 10 wins then the players will try to get that and only that.. Why not strive for a winning season, a district championship, a good showing in the Class A?

If you want to help the girls out LadyBearMom, then support the program from the top to the bottom!

If im not mistaken if you go back to the 80,s threw the 90,s i think the girls won the district like 8-10 years straight or something like that for a girls program that seems pretty good to me i agree today,s kids seem to be lacking something but i wouldnt say that Bracken under achieved on the varsity leve JMO

What's the regional record? Not just talking about the girls,the boys were also included in the post.