Miss. State 85 LSU 78

Wireman

I just looked at the banners hanging in Memorial Coliseum and it seems we went from 58 to 78 without a championship and from 78 to 96 without one. Isn't championships what it's all about anyway? I was as frustrated as anyone with last season, but other than the loss to Vandy last year, and this, they don't even compare. Yes I get as mad as anyone on here about some losses and some of the subpar players we are playing with, but like I said I don't see all that many similarities to last year.

I bet this is the longest "non-probation and scandal" period without a title at UK. Anyone know for sure?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady is a decent coach.

It is not like he is devoid of talent.

He had a tremendous team in 2000 with Stromile Swift and company, but lost to an 8 seed in the Sweet 16.

He did a poor job with the LSU team two years ago that lost in the first round of the tourney.

Last year they got hot and made it to the Final Four.

This year he has a pretty solid starting 5 and has taken a team that many had suggested would be top 10 and has engineered them to essentially to the NIT.

13-9 with the likes of what he had back from the Final Four team is a major disappointment..if not one of the biggest in the country.

Be carfeul: Numbers don't matter in the college sports forum. Subjectivity over objectivity.

Your post is crazy.:eek:

I bet this is the longest "non-probation and scandal" period without a title at UK. Anyone know for sure?

National Title years were: 1948, 1949, 1951, 1958, 1978, 1996, 1998. There was a 20 year gap between 58-78 when there was no probation. It isn't as though UK has been knocking titles off every 3 or 4 years over their history. They won 4 titles in 11 seasons from 48-58 and 2 in 3 seasons in 96 and 98. Otherwise you're looking at 1 title in 38 years. What they have been the best at is winning games--something that they continue to do.

National Title years were: 1948, 1949, 1951, 1958, 1978, 1996, 1998. There was a 20 year gap between 58-78 when there was no probation. It isn't as though UK has been knocking titles off every 3 or 4 years over their history. They won 4 titles in 11 seasons from 48-58 and 2 in 3 seasons in 96 and 98. Otherwise you're looking at 1 title in 38 years. What they have been the best at is winning games--something that they continue to do.

Are you sure about that 58-78 period? I thought SI stated in an article that the Cats have had a scandal (probation) every decade for six decades. I'll check it out when I have some free time.

Be carfeul: Numbers don't matter in the college sports forum. Subjectivity over objectivity.

Your post is crazy.:eek:

I guess by your standards St. X has owned Trinity in football. Afterall they lead the series and the numbers rule.:rolleyes:

Man you are stretching: 17 state titles to 11. Nice try though.

I thought it was about the numbers? Final Fours don't matter? Why should titles? Its wins versus losses in most of your posts. Go back and check yourself out, or maybe I'll have Fletch put together a recap for you.

I thought it was about the numbers? Final Fours don't matter? Why should titles? Its wins versus losses in most of your posts. Go back and check yourself out, or maybe I'll have Fletch put together a recap for you.

You're confused LSU. T-X series spans 40 years and numerous different coaches. We're talking about Tubby versus other SEC coaches, namely Brady. Brady is 2-8 versus Tubby. Brady has a Final Four, Tubby has a title. The more I learn about Brady, the more skeptical I become of your intentions, that is you are just saying Brady's a good coach to get a rise out of UK fans.

Using your T-X analogy, a better comparison would be between Glaser and Beatty and their head to head records.

I sincerely doubt you want to compare basketball programs between LSU and UK. If you do, let me know, but for now, let's just stick to your initial claims that there are many coaches in the SEC who are better than Tubby. :laugh:

You're confused LSU. T-X series spans 40 years and numerous different coaches. We're talking about Tubby versus other SEC coaches, namely Brady. Brady is 2-8 versus Tubby. Brady has a Final Four, Tubby has a title. The more I learn about Brady, the more skeptical I become of your intentions, that is you are just saying Brady's a good coach to get a rise out of UK fans.

Using your T-X analogy, a better comparison would be between Glaser and Beatty and their head to head records.

I sincerely doubt you want to compare basketball programs between LSU and UK. If you do, let me know, but for now, let's just stick to your initial claims that there are many coaches in the SEC who are better than Tubby. :laugh:

No, you just don't uderstand that I'm poking fun at your simplistic view of things. There is no way to prove it but lets just say that my theory says that any of the other coachs in the SEC could have done just as well (or better) than Tubby if given the UK job. I base that on the fact that most have defeated UK since Tubby's arrival in Lexington. Some have led lesser programs than UK to the Final Four (one to a title and multiple final fours). Tubby on the other hand had one of those SEC jobs prior to being given the UK job. He never defeated UK. He never went to the Final Four. I respect your devotion to your guy, but I think my case warrants more respect than you afford it. Lets discuss it over dinner, lets say the day after the NBA draft. Hopefully you will be buying.:cool:

No, you just don't uderstand that I'm poking fun at your simplistic view of things. There is no way to prove it but lets just say that my theory says that any of the other coachs in the SEC could have done just as well (or better) than Tubby if given the UK job. I base that on the fact that most have defeated UK since Tubby's arrival in Lexington. Some have led lesser programs than UK to the Final Four (one to a title and multiple final fours). Tubby on the other hand had one of those SEC jobs prior to being given the UK job. He never defeated UK. He never went to the Final Four. I respect your devotion to your guy, but I think my case warrants more respect than you afford it. Lets discuss it over dinner, lets say the day after the NBA draft. Hopefully you will be buying.:cool:

Fair enough. I'll see you Saturday night at the "local hangout."