Miss. State 85 LSU 78

Wireman

I could see them giving UK trouble (Davis has played great against UK in the past), but with the way they are playing right now, I would be shocked to see this team win many more games all year.

I agree. LSU will be a tough game for the Cats. Davis plays very well against them so I expect him to do the same when they meet.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is, John Brady still a better coach than Tubby?

Your inability to understand complex concepts given the expense of your education is astounding. I don't recall you asking that question last season when you and Orlando were both watching the final four on T.V. I also bet you won't ask it after Tubby checks in his gear prior to final four weekend for a UK record 9th straight year.:cool:

Please. I'd take Brady Anderson over John Brady. And Mike Brady. And Tom Brady.

:p

Why is it when the Cats slump (eight years and counting) you all come to Tubby's rescue with "Tubby doesn't take the shots" and "Tubby isn't the one turning the ball over". But when its some other coach having the same results, he is an idiot?

FYI, being a football guy, I would trade him for Tom Brady though.

Your inability to understand complex concepts given the expense of your education is astounding. I don't recall you asking that question last season when you and Orlando were both watching the final four on T.V. I also bet you won't ask it after Tubby checks in his gear prior to final four weekend for a UK record 9th straight year.:cool:

Brady might be coaching at Trinity next year.

Tubby's 33-2 versus the SEC West in the last 35 games. I'll stick with the numbers and Tubby. I understand your point about Brady...I just don't agree with it.

He is a very good coach at a school where its tough to win.

Don't act as though LSU basketball is some vast wasteland. They've only had 3 coaches since 1967. They've also had 25 winning seasons in the last 37, 4 Four Appearances as well as the 2nd most SEC Championships. It isn't as though Brady has been a miracle worker there, he's a solid coach but this isn't like he has been doing the impossible there. Winning at LSU is not that hard, they've got an overall winning record for their history as well as a boatload of great players. This isn't like turning Niagara or someone into a national power. I'd say he falls somewhere into the top part of the bottom half of SEC coaches, somewhere in the 7-8 range. As for Tubby watching the Final Four last year on TV that is true but Tubby has never had to watch the NCAAs on TV while he has been at UK. As a matter of fact only 3 active coaches have longer consectutive NCAA streaks: Roy Williams and Lute Olson.

Tubby's 33-2 versus the SEC West in the last 35 games. I'll stick with the numbers and Tubby. I understand your point about Brady...I just don't agree with it.

Too bad UK isn't in the SEC West. You stick with Tubby and you will continue to have lots of free time in March. But then again, that doesn't seem to bother you.:lol:

Don't act as though LSU basketball is some vast wasteland. They've only had 3 coaches since 1967. They've also had 25 winning seasons in the last 37, 4 Four Appearances as well as the 2nd most SEC Championships. It isn't as though Brady has been a miracle worker there, he's a solid coach but this isn't like he has been doing the impossible there. Winning at LSU is not that hard, they've got an overall winning record for their history as well as a boatload of great players. This isn't like turning Niagara or someone into a national power. I'd say he falls somewhere into the top part of the bottom half of SEC coaches, somewhere in the 7-8 range.

The post you quoted was about Stansbury, State's coach. I contend MSU is one of the toughest places to succeed in the SEC. If you have ever been to Starkville, you would probably agree.

Too bad UK isn't in the SEC West. You stick with Tubby and you will continue to have lots of free time in March. But then again, that doesn't seem to bother you.:lol:

Brady and Stansbury are in the West though, as well as all the other coaches who are better than Tubby.

We'll see about March. I know you're not a basketball guy being from LSU, but normally the Final Four is played in April. March is pretty booked up for UK. From what the Tubby bashers say, the problem is not getting to play in April.

I just looked at the banners hanging in Memorial Coliseum and it seems we went from 58 to 78 without a championship and from 78 to 96 without one. Isn't championships what it's all about anyway? I was as frustrated as anyone with last season, but other than the loss to Vandy last year, and this, they don't even compare. Yes I get as mad as anyone on here about some losses and some of the subpar players we are playing with, but like I said I don't see all that many similarities to last year.

Brady and Stansbury are in the West though, as well as all the other coaches who are better than Tubby.

We'll see about March. I know you're not a basketball guy being from LSU, but normally the Final Four is played in April. March is pretty booked up for UK. From what the Tubby bashers say, the problem is not getting to play in April.

I guess all that hype about March madness is a fraud. I bet that it used to be played in March. Just like the Super Bowl in January. The World Series in October. Times have changed, I guess I need to update my calendar. But then again, us LSU guys have been still cheering in "April" as often as you UK guys since Tubby hit Lexington.:lol:

Brady is a decent coach.

It is not like he is devoid of talent.

He had a tremendous team in 2000 with Stromile Swift and company, but lost to an 8 seed in the Sweet 16.

He did a poor job with the LSU team two years ago that lost in the first round of the tourney.

Last year they got hot and made it to the Final Four.

This year he has a pretty solid starting 5 and has taken a team that many had suggested would be top 10 and has engineered them to essentially to the NIT.

13-9 with the likes of what he had back from the Final Four team is a major disappointment..if not one of the biggest in the country.