Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 84 Illinois 75 (NCAA Tournament 2nd Round)

Featured Replies

Final the Cats are headed to the Sweet 16 for the first time in 6 years (2019) and will take on SEC foal Tennessee on Friday in Indianapolis.

Let’s go!!!! Great all around game today! Coach Pope had the team ready to play on both ends of the court! Big win, let’s go get 2 more next week!! Go Cats!!

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Easy. 

It honestly put me at ease that you were confident in them. 

I was on edge until the clock hit zero. About time. I’ll be up for a long time tonight. 

9 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

Gonna be hard to beat Tennessee for a third straight time. 

It was hard the first 2 times also.

Interesting stat from the game.  Illinois had 14 turnovers.  Kentucky had 14 steals.  Every turnover by Illinois was a live ball turnover.  I'm not sure what the points off turnovers was for the game, but that many live ball turnovers is a big boost to an offense. That helped Kentucky get off 6 more shots than the Illini in spite of being outrebounded by 8.    

 

For as close as the final score was, the game didn’t seem as close as it was. I felt like Kentucky should have been up more going into halftime. Either way, it was an impressive game by them on both sides.

58 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

It honestly put me at ease that you were confident in them. 

I get it, it’s hard to be confident in our own team sometimes. 

I never had the slightest doubt UK would win this game. They just have too many weapons, and while Illinois had put up some big numbers offensively lately, none of those teams were as good as UK. 

The Cats have their work cut out for them next weekend, but I would not be shocked if they end up in San Antonio. They have UT’s number and I’m skeptical Houston is really that good. 

Illinois impressed me the other night.  I didn't get to watch this yet, but it's a good win.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Interesting stat from the game.  Illinois had 14 turnovers.  Kentucky had 14 steals.  Every turnover by Illinois was a live ball turnover.  I'm not sure what the points off turnovers was for the game, but that many live ball turnovers is a big boost to an offense. That helped Kentucky get off 6 more shots than the Illini in spite of being outrebounded by 8.    

 

26 points off of to's

Just saw a post that in the past 13 games UK's defense ranks 11th nationally. That's quite the improvement from being over 100 before that time frame.

With the entire season taken into account UK's defense is ranked 45 on the season, again quite a change from when it was over 100 two months ago.

3 hours ago, 9068 said:

26 points off of to's

And that, right there, is your ballgame.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.