Georgia 57 LSU 54

oldrambler

Maybe this is a little complicated for you. I know you are a numbers guy. But in many ways yes. He took a team to the final four last year. At a school with little or no basketball tradition. You have to open up and see the total picture. Tubby will actually take the UK program to an all-time low by seasons end. That can't be said about Brady. Brady has defeated the mighty UK as a coach at a football school in the SEC. Tubby never could do that. Are you beginning to see now? Or are you going to give us another numbers lecture topped off with a heapin' helpin' of RPI? I ask you before and you were "nonresponsive". Who is a better coach. Tubby or Kevin Stallings of Vandy? :cool:

LSU has no tradition? I believe they had some very good players in the past. Some guy with the nickname "Pistol" maybe? And there was this O'Neal dude that once played there as well. Yeah that Dale Brown couldn't coach at all.:rolleyes:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LSU has no tradition? I believe they had some very good players in the past. Some guy with the nickname "Pistol" maybe? And there was this O'Neal dude that once played there as well. Yeah that Dale Brown couldn't coach at all.:rolleyes:

Dale was good at times. He took LSU to two final fours. He did his worst coaching with his best teams. Taking that 86' team to the final four was amazing. They had no business going that far. He almost went again the following year. Pete never beat UK. He averaged over fifty points agame against UK and never won a single game. Compared to UK, they don't have basketball tradition. I wish it wasn't true but it is.

Maybe this is a little complicated for you. I know you are a numbers guy. But in many ways yes. He took a team to the final four last year. At a school with little or no basketball tradition. You have to open up and see the total picture. Tubby will actually take the UK program to an all-time low by seasons end. That can't be said about Brady. Brady has defeated the mighty UK as a coach at a football school in the SEC. Tubby never could do that. Are you beginning to see now? Or are you going to give us another numbers lecture topped off with a heapin' helpin' of RPI? I ask you before and you were "nonresponsive". Who is a better coach. Tubby or Kevin Stallings of Vandy? :cool:

I think Tubby is your kryptonite.:D I've known you for many years and saying John Brady is a better coach than Tubby is one of the most outlandish things you've ever said. I almost think you're just pulling my chain to get a rise out of me.

I don't do the numbers lecture with you because you don't think they matter. Subjectivity over objectivity right??? That's a new argument tactic that I may try out this week.

Tubby is a better coach than Kevin Stallings and maybe every other coach in the SEC, just like I surmised 3 years ago.

I think Tubby is your kryptonite.:D

I don't do the numbers lecture with you because you don't think they matter. Subjectivity over objectivity right??? That's a new argument tactic that I may try out this week: "We lost your case, but the other guy is from a bigger firm, has a better history, gets better associates and gets paid more, so really we are better than him. We're just hamstrung because we're at a real estate firm, not a litigation firm. You should be thankful for any win we get over them.":D That ought to fly.

Tubby is a better coach than Kevin Stallings and maybe every other coach in the SEC, just like I surmised 3 years ago.

Grasshopper, you have so much to learn. so much to learn.

How can you say that Stallings is "objectively" worse than Tubby when he has defeated him three straight times including two at Rupp. Unheard of in the past. Work me up some numbers on that. And please, remember its a what have you done for me lately world. FYI, your analogy is flawed. There may be one out there but you didn't nail it. You try to find the flaw. I'll be sure to share my thoughts with you when were meet again.

Grasshopper, you have so much to learn. so much to learn.

How can you say that Stallings is "objectively" worse than Tubby when he has defeated him three straight times including two at Rupp. Unheard of in the past. Work me up some numbers on that.

Be careful what you ask for:

Stallings is 5-11 against Tubby, but Tubby shouldn't get credit for these wins because UK is a basketball school, has better players, easier to coach at, easier to win...

1/20/2007 Vanderbilt at Kentucky L 67 - 72 -

2/11/2006 Kentucky at Vanderbilt L 81 - 84 -

1/10/2006 Vanderbilt at Kentucky L 52 - 57 -

2/5/2005 Kentucky at Vanderbilt W 84 - 70 -

1/12/2005 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 69 - 54 -

1/31/2004 Kentucky at Vanderbilt L 60 - 66 -

1/10/2004 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 75 - 63 -

3/14/2003 Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt W 81 - 63 SEC Tournament (at New Orleans, LA)

3/5/2003 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 106 - 44 -

1/14/2003 Kentucky at Vanderbilt W 74 - 52 -

2/27/2002 Kentucky at Vanderbilt L 73 - 86 -

2/13/2002 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 67 - 59 -

2/17/2001 Kentucky at Vanderbilt W 79 - 74 -

1/27/2001 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 86 - 75 -

1/22/2000 Kentucky at Vanderbilt W 81 - 73 OT -

1/8/2000 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 72 - 52 -

Is that objective enough for you???

Be careful what you ask for:

Stallings is 5-11 against Tubby, but Tubby shouldn't get credit for these wins because UK is a basketball school, has better players, easier to coach at, easier to win...

1/20/2007 Vanderbilt at Kentucky L 67 - 72 -

2/11/2006 Kentucky at Vanderbilt L 81 - 84 -

1/10/2006 Vanderbilt at Kentucky L 52 - 57 -

2/5/2005 Kentucky at Vanderbilt W 84 - 70 -

1/12/2005 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 69 - 54 -

1/31/2004 Kentucky at Vanderbilt L 60 - 66 -

1/10/2004 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 75 - 63 -

3/14/2003 Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt W 81 - 63 SEC Tournament (at New Orleans, LA)

3/5/2003 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 106 - 44 -

1/14/2003 Kentucky at Vanderbilt W 74 - 52 -

2/27/2002 Kentucky at Vanderbilt L 73 - 86 -

2/13/2002 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 67 - 59 -

2/17/2001 Kentucky at Vanderbilt W 79 - 74 -

1/27/2001 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 86 - 75 -

1/22/2000 Kentucky at Vanderbilt W 81 - 73 OT -

1/8/2000 Vanderbilt at Kentucky W 72 - 52 -

Is that objective enough for you???

No grasshopper, one must look at the numbers within the numbers. What has my point been about Orlando over these past three years? That he has led UK into a state of decline. Your numbers support my point. While Tubby started out on fire he has had a steady decline. Meanwhile Stallings was handed the toughest job in the SEC and fought his way to the point that he now has won three straight from the guy that has the greatest job in the SEC. Forget all the legal hocus-pocus that you practice everyday. In the business world we look at trends and continuous quality improvement. Stallings has it, Tubby not so much. If it was your business, which one do you hand the keys over to?

No grasshopper, one must look at the numbers within the numbers. What has my point been about Orlando over these past three years? That he has led UK into a state of decline. Your numbers support my point. While Tubby started out on fire he has had a steady decline. Meanwhile Stallings was handed the toughest job in the SEC and fought his way to the point that he now has won three straight from the guy that has the greatest job in the SEC. Forget all the legal hocus-pocus that you practice everyday. In the business world we look at trends and continuous quality improvement. Stallings has it, Tubby not so much. If it was your business, which one do you hand the keys over to?

Seems like you should be working with Karl Rove or James Carville with all the numbers spinning you're doing.

If I had to hand over my business I would give it John "Chipmunk" Brady. Brady is 2-8 against Tubby, but won the last game; therefore, he is trending upward and is better equipped to run my business.

2/25/2006 Kentucky at Louisiana State L 67 - 71 -

3/12/2005 Kentucky vs. Louisiana State W 79 - 78 OT SEC Tournament (at Atlanta, GA)

1/22/2005 Louisiana State at Kentucky W 89 - 58 -

2/29/2004 Kentucky at Louisiana State W 70 - 64 -

2/15/2003 Louisiana State at Kentucky W 68 - 57 -

2/9/2002 Kentucky at Louisiana State W 68 - 56 -

2/21/2001 Louisiana State at Kentucky W 84 - 61 -

2/13/2000 Kentucky at Louisiana State L 57 - 70 -

1/30/1999 Louisiana State at Kentucky W 86 - 62 -

2/4/1998 Kentucky at Louisiana State W 63 - 61 -

Seems like you should be working with Karl Rove or James Carville with all the numbers spinning you're doing.

If I had to hand over my business I would give it John "Chipmunk" Brady. Brady is 2-8 against Tubby, but won the last game; therefore, he is trending upward and is better equipped to run my business.

2/25/2006 Kentucky at Louisiana State L 67 - 71 -

3/12/2005 Kentucky vs. Louisiana State W 79 - 78 OT SEC Tournament (at Atlanta, GA)

1/22/2005 Louisiana State at Kentucky W 89 - 58 -

2/29/2004 Kentucky at Louisiana State W 70 - 64 -

2/15/2003 Louisiana State at Kentucky W 68 - 57 -

2/9/2002 Kentucky at Louisiana State W 68 - 56 -

2/21/2001 Louisiana State at Kentucky W 84 - 61 -

2/13/2000 Kentucky at Louisiana State L 57 - 70 -

1/30/1999 Louisiana State at Kentucky W 86 - 62 -

2/4/1998 Kentucky at Louisiana State W 63 - 61 -

Your liberal arts education is showing. One victory at home is a fluke. Three in a row (including two in a row at Rupp) is a trend. Thank God no ones paycheck will ever depend on your judgement.:lol:

But I believe the choice was Kevin or Tubby. Non-responsive?

Your liberal arts education is showing. One victory at home is a fluke. Three in a row (including two in a row at Rupp) is a trend. Thank God no ones paycheck will ever depend on your judgement.:lol:

But I believe the choice was Kevin or Tubby. Non-responsive?

As I stated three years ago, Tubby.

Brady's victory over Tubby last year was a "fluke", yet Brady "in many ways" is a better coach than Tubby. See post #15. Man, this is atypical for you not to have a sound argument. Tubby=krypnonite.

As I stated three years ago, Tubby.

Brady's victory over Tubby last year was a "fluke", yet Brady "in many ways" is a better coach than Tubby. See post #15. Man, this is atypical for you not to have a sound argument. Tubby=krypnonite.

Sorry buddy but I'll have to give you a little history lesson. Brady should never beat Tubby. Tubby never beat UK. So in the same set of circumstances Brady out performed Tubby. How do you not get this? Unless of course you are willing to admit that Coach Stansbury was correct and "UK aint UK anymore". I've heard you compare Tubby to Pitino. Yet Tubby as an underdog could never defeat Pitino. Pitino has defeated Tubby as the leader of the finest program in all of sports with a team from a commuter college built on a abandoned rail yard. Its a matter of proportionality. I'm trying to help you. Help me help you.

Why in the fart would you come out of a timeout and play a 2-3 zone? If you are you better be covering wings. Gaines dribbles to middle draws defenders and Stukes is open for an uncontested 3 from about 22 feet.

Didn't see any of the game with the exception of the last 30 seconds.

Actually LSU made a smart play in fouling UGA while they were winding down the clock on that last possession.

LSU is in trouble, and Felton has the Dogs playing very well. Remember two years ago when he had about 10 frosh on the roster during his first year? LSURock is correct, they have had some good players but they have not been a good team consistently over the years.