Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Lexington Catholic at Highlands

    • Highlands
      92%
    • Lexington Catholic
      7%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/23/2024 at 10:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The season is upon us, Highlands kicks off the season with a rematch of the season opener from last year the Lexington Catholic Knights.  Highlands went down to Lexington and found a way to hang on to win a close one 34-27.  This year the Knights travel to Fort Thomas for the rematch.  The Knights will be lead by a new QB1 Matt Kern (Sr).  

See below the write up in regards to what I think about the Bluebirds.....

The Redemption Year for the Birds is about to begin

 
2023 saw the Birds finally back to their old ways being on top of their respective Class during the season.  It had been 10 years since you saw Highlands ranked #1 in any poll for their class.
 
Highlands steamrolled thru the 5A schedule undefeated until they got to the NKY rematch against Cooper falling to them with a score of 15-17 to end the season in the State Semifinals, very bittersweet season.  Truly awesome to finally be back in the State Championship conversation once again.
 
Highlands lost a TON of Seniors off the 2023 squad but they are loaded once again with a ton of athletic talent.  They might not have as big as a Senior class last year but that won’t stop the Birds from being very competitive and relevant this season.  I look forward to seeing a ton of names that we will fall in love with for the next few seasons with so many Sophomores and Juniors filling a ton of key roles due to the lack of size the Senior class has.
 
One thing that has been mentioned multiple times in other threads is the size the players are these days. These aren’t the Birds of yesterday where the linemen were around 200 lbs, the Birds will be rolling out once again a very nice athletically big and bulky line averaging around 265 lbs to protect our QB and provide running lanes for our RBs.
 
The Birds are going to go with Rio Litmer as QB1 who is a Jr who has been backing up Brody Benke the last 2 seasons.  He has enjoyed a nice summer looking really well in the 7v7 camps and the scrimmage vs Male.  He only saw around 2 series last night in the Blue/White scrimmage.  He has some nice speedy legs which could create difficulty for defenses if he tucks and runs.
 
The Birds will have some nice receivers to throw the ball to. Adam Surrey (Sr) will be the main target for Rio but look for Jackson Arnold (Sr) and TEs Tommy Ferring (Sr) and Tayden Lorenzen (So) to get plenty of looks as well.
 
The Birds main RBs out of the backfield will be Deven James and Jack White.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sophomore Gabe Williams getting some touches out of the backfield as well.
 
The defensive side of the ball is the side I am really looking forward to see. I think they will be faster then las year from sideline to sideline.  They really played well against Male and was impressed by their play during the Blue/White scrimmage.  I realize all that is preseason but still this could be a very nice group for 2024.
 
So here is to Year #4 for the Sphire era!  
 
#GOBIRDS!!!!
 
Frank's forecast:  Highlands 37 Lex Cath 12
 
Game time: 7:30pm
How to watch:  In person, Highlands Broadcasting YouTube channel, and I believe I saw @859Radio is going to be in the house for this opener.
 
I am sure I am missing a few things but wanted to get this posted out there for everyone to start having a fun dialogue on how this is going to go down.
 
  • Replies 78
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Oldercoach
    Oldercoach

    #21 Lexington Catholic takes on #??????????????, just a minute I’m still looking….still can’t find it.  I will try again.  #21 Lexington Catholic takes on unranked Highlands.  Disrespect for NKy footb

  • Yeah I don’t know. It’s the first game of the year. I think there will be some bumps and kinks to work through. I think Highlands controls the game but just maybe stalls out a couple times. Hope the B

  • Brennan_Bucher
    Brennan_Bucher

    Finally Week 1. If you cannot make the game, the best place to find the birds action is on FT Film and Broadcast! Channel linked below, the pre game show will begin around 7:10, I'll be live from the

Posted Images

Looking forward to seeing the Birds start the season with a W!

Bluebirds are going to have a great season.

Last year and the pre-season success certainly makes it feel like the good old days for Highlands. This Friday can set a tone and build on the pre-season momentum. For the mental headset and that momentum, I think Highlands needs to win this one by at least 2 scores or more. 

 

I like the redemption write up. I do think Highlands will be right there come December. I'll take Highlands in this one. 

Is Lexington Catholic predicted to be about the same as last year, better than last year or take a step back from last year?  Anyone know?

19 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Is Lexington Catholic predicted to be about the same as last year, better than last year or take a step back from last year?  Anyone know?

I watched their first scrimmage against Simon Kenton last week, in my opinion the answer is take a step back from last year. 

Finally Week 1. If you cannot make the game, the best place to find the birds action is on FT Film and Broadcast! Channel linked below, the pre game show will begin around 7:10, I'll be live from the field giving my take. 

Kickoff is 7:30. 

Go Birds! 

https://www.youtube.com/@HHSFilmAndBroadcast

If lex cath plays Highlands the way they played SK and Bardstown I expect the bluebirds to win by as much as they want. It won't be close and Highlands won't have to throw the ball one time to name the score. 

I haven't seen Highlands but from what I've been reading on here, they're looking pretty good again. I'm going to take Highlands big. 

  • Author

Frank's Fun Facts:

Since 2002 Highlands leads the head to head record with an impressive 9-2 record

2023: HHS 34 LC 27

2018:  HHS 44 LC 27

2017:  LC 21 HHS 18

2014:  HHS 47 LC 26

2013: HHS 49 LC 35

2012: HHS 61 LC 28

2011:  HHS 42 LC 21

2008:  HHS 41 LC 0

2007:  HHS 32 LC 9

2005:  LC 17 HHS 0

2002:  HHS 31 LC 24

 

I don't think this one is close.  

Just now, BEChargers said:

I don't think this one is close.  

I don't think so either, I am saying Highlands running clock win.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.