Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Lexington Catholic at Highlands

    • Highlands
      92%
    • Lexington Catholic
      7%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/23/2024 at 10:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Birds win convincingly. 

  • Replies 78
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Oldercoach
    Oldercoach

    #21 Lexington Catholic takes on #??????????????, just a minute I’m still looking….still can’t find it.  I will try again.  #21 Lexington Catholic takes on unranked Highlands.  Disrespect for NKy footb

  • Yeah I don’t know. It’s the first game of the year. I think there will be some bumps and kinks to work through. I think Highlands controls the game but just maybe stalls out a couple times. Hope the B

  • Brennan_Bucher
    Brennan_Bucher

    Finally Week 1. If you cannot make the game, the best place to find the birds action is on FT Film and Broadcast! Channel linked below, the pre game show will begin around 7:10, I'll be live from the

Posted Images

On 8/20/2024 at 7:07 AM, Oldercoach said:

#21 Lexington Catholic takes on #??????????????, just a minute I’m still looking….still can’t find it.  I will try again.  #21 Lexington Catholic takes on unranked Highlands.  Disrespect for NKy football in total.?‍?

It's not a disrespect for NKY, it's just gross negligence on the part of KSR. 

Don't read too much into it. 

it is so hard to know this early in the season.  So you have to go on what you know.  I know Higlands is loaded with talent, size and speed and I know that LC lost a lot of their key players from last year.  I also know that in their preseason scrimmages Highlands has looked very good and LC looked bad against a OK Simon Kenton team.  I also saw that KSR had LC in their preseason top 25 and Highlands was no where to be found so I can guarantee you that they will have a chip on their shoulder.  I think Highland wins this one by 3 TDs.

The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary.

I am taking the Birds with a big win tonight and then the Lamb Lollipops ? postgame at Marbl!

On 8/21/2024 at 11:29 PM, El Diablo said:

Yeah I don’t know. It’s the first game of the year. I think there will be some bumps and kinks to work through. I think Highlands controls the game but just maybe stalls out a couple times. Hope the Birds win 100 to nothing, but they are playing a good program, first game of the year. Just get the W. 

Exactly how I see it, Birds don't need a blowout just a W to get their feathers wet for the year.

On 8/18/2024 at 1:31 PM, Brennan_Bucher said:

Finally Week 1. If you cannot make the game, the best place to find the birds action is on FT Film and Broadcast! Channel linked below, the pre game show will begin around 7:10, I'll be live from the field giving my take. 

Kickoff is 7:30. 

Go Birds! 

https://www.youtube.com/@HHSFilmAndBroadcast

Not going to want to miss this one. Go Birds! Check out the link for the game, beyond excited to be back! 

  • Author

So the current poll has this as a 63 - 5, advantage Birds!  Not a lot of faith out in HS Football land for the traveling Knights.

As far as the Birds go for tonight, what are you thinking we are going to see?  Especially, with the big anticipation of the Blue Colonels next week.  Is this going to be a very vanilla play calling game?  Or do we unleash some razzle dazzle and whatever else is up Hayden's sleeves as far as play calling.  Do we ever throw in any other QB to make the town talking about if Rio is the 100% full time QB?

Here's my thought:  I think we are not going to throw the ball a lot....I feel like we are going to let this O Line go to work and really drive down the field and get some mileage out of our RB crew.  I think we all know what we have as receivers but we really don't know what we have as RBs....I know we have talent but they haven't gone out and shown it in a game live since Cam was here last year.  Who is going to be that Alpha in the backfield that can get you that 3-4 yards when you need it?  Is there more than 1 option?

Also, will there be a name that we haven't even discussed in these threads that will blow us away, like where did he come from???  Who could that player be???

Looking forward to a fun match, the weather couldn't be nicer!  

#GO BIRDS!!!!!

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

So the current poll has this as a 63 - 5, advantage Birds!  Not a lot of faith out in HS Football land for the traveling Knights.

As far as the Birds go for tonight, what are you thinking we are going to see?  Especially, with the big anticipation of the Blue Colonels next week.  Is this going to be a very vanilla play calling game?  Or do we unleash some razzle dazzle and whatever else is up Hayden's sleeves as far as play calling.  Do we ever throw in any other QB to make the town talking about if Rio is the 100% full time QB?

Here's my thought:  I think we are not going to throw the ball a lot....I feel like we are going to let this O Line go to work and really drive down the field and get some mileage out of our RB crew.  I think we all know what we have as receivers but we really don't know what we have as RBs....I know we have talent but they haven't gone out and shown it in a game live since Cam was here last year.  Who is going to be that Alpha in the backfield that can get you that 3-4 yards when you need it?  Is there more than 1 option?

Also, will there be a name that we haven't even discussed in these threads that will blow us away, like where did he come from???  Who could that player be???

Looking forward to a fun match, the weather couldn't be nicer!  

#GO BIRDS!!!!!

I expect Highlands to line up and run right at LexCath, I don't think LexCath can stop them. 

  • Author

Just in case you wanna have this in your head playing on repeat prior to the game....

Your welcome!!!!!!

I am excited.....

Just now, FrankNicodemus said:

Just in case you wanna have this in your head playing on repeat prior to the game....

Your welcome!!!!!!

I am excited.....

Love it!

I am not sure if I shared this or not but I normally fall asleep to music or ocean/nature sounds and about 4 months ago I woke up about 420am because this song was playing and I thought Highlands scored a touchdown and I missed it.

8 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Just in case you wanna have this in your head playing on repeat prior to the game....

Your welcome!!!!!!

I am excited.....

They need to change this song to “the bird is the word”. 

49 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

They need to change this song to “the bird is the word”. 

They could use both, one after a TD, another after and extra point. 

44 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

IMG_4907.thumb.jpeg.7a15112b723e36877bed069bb60172a3.jpeg
 

The more you know…..

Pretty sure I contributed to this becoming a rule. I will try better to control myself in the future. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.