The David School/ Allen Central Controversy... New Twist

EKU_05

If this has been previously posted today I apologize.

But, for those who are not aware the tiny community of Eastern in Floyd County has been garnering quite a bit of Regional and National Media attention over the Allen Central mascot (Rebels) and subsequent posting of the confederate flag. The controversy was first brought to light when tiny David School apparently boycotted playing Allen Central, as their head coach Ned Pillarsdorf accused AC fans of taunting one of his African American players last year while shooting a free throw.

Subsequently, following events resulted in an Allen Central cheerleader being listed by Keith Olberman as the "#3 Worst Person in the World" for comments made during an interview, mention on both ESPN and ESPN the Magazine, numerous press conferences and BOE releases, support from the NAACP for Pillarsdorf, and numerous controversies over political positions in the county including former employees.

Today was supposed to be the day that the two teams met as the Floyd County BOE determined the boycott to be unjust. The Lexington Herald Leader ran a front page article which outlined the events today and featured Pillarsdorf commenting on how he wished the game could be snowed out or cancelled..... it also brought to light that the young man who was said to have been harassed had actually never shot a free throw in the contest per the official scorebook, and now the latest...

As of this morning the game between David and AC was cancelled per request of the David administration. Allen Central had offered to play the game WITHOUT spectators, but David declined and it had appeared to be the result of supporting Pillarsdorf's quest.... but at a press conference the David administration surprisingly took a stance seemingly AGAINST Pillarsdorf. The report stated that the David administration had NEVER voted to boycott the game as Pillarsdorf had suggested, that the players did in fact want to play against AC, and even moreso pinpointing Pillarsdorf as "the catalyst of the controversy".

It now appears that the entire controversy that has brought so much limelight onto Allen Central is the fabrication of numerous lies by Pillarsdorf, who represents a Christian school who's significant importance to the Floyd County area has been masked. :eek:

This still does not make the use of the Rebel flag at AC right by any means, and furthermore it can't undo the media coverage (some of which such as the Keith Olberman attack on a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, is grossly unjust), but at least this should pave the way for Pillarsdorf to face the music. BTW, he was not in attendance at the press conference today.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was actually a story on Outside the Lines recently the NCAA going after schools that still featured the confederate flag.

Probably the worst part about this whole thing is that the kids are being dragged into it, a matter that should just be handled privately being played out in public is just not right. It certainly appears as if that coach should be removed from his position and possibly taken to task for his actions.

If this has been previously posted today I apologize.

But, for those who are not aware the tiny community of Eastern in Floyd County has been garnering quite a bit of Regional and National Media attention over the Allen Central mascot (Rebels) and subsequent posting of the confederate flag. The controversy was first brought to light when tiny David School apparently boycotted playing Allen Central, as their head coach Ned Pillarsdorf accused AC fans of taunting one of his African American players last year while shooting a free throw.

Subsequently, following events resulted in an Allen Central cheerleader being listed by Keith Olberman as the "#3 Worst Person in the World" for comments made during an interview, mention on both ESPN and ESPN the Magazine, numerous press conferences and BOE releases, support from the NAACP for Pillarsdorf, and numerous controversies over political positions in the county including former employees.

Today was supposed to be the day that the two teams met as the Floyd County BOE determined the boycott to be unjust. The Lexington Herald Leader ran a front page article which outlined the events today and featured Pillarsdorf commenting on how he wished the game could be snowed out or cancelled..... it also brought to light that the young man who was said to have been harassed had actually never shot a free throw in the contest per the official scorebook, and now the latest...

As of this morning the game between David and AC was cancelled per request of the David administration. Allen Central had offered to play the game WITHOUT spectators, but David declined and it had appeared to be the result of supporting Pillarsdorf's quest.... but at a press conference the David administration surprisingly took a stance seemingly AGAINST Pillarsdorf. The report stated that the David administration had NEVER voted to boycott the game as Pillarsdorf had suggested, that the players did in fact want to play against AC, and even moreso pinpointing Pillarsdorf as "the catalyst of the controversy".

It now appears that the entire controversy that has brought so much limelight onto Allen Central is the fabrication of numerous lies by Pillarsdorf, who represents a Christian school who's significant importance to the Floyd County area has been masked. :eek:

This still does not make the use of the Rebel flag at AC right by any means, and furthermore it can't undo the media coverage (some of which such as the Keith Olberman attack on a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, is grossly unjust), but at least this should pave the way for Pillarsdorf to face the music. BTW, he was not in attendance at the press conference today.

Surely, no intelligent person is surprised by all of this crap. The motivation and the agenda were obvious from the beginning. Olberman and the others of his ilk exist because of these distortions. We should learn that, if many of the politically correct mind gestapo continue to get their way, freedom of speech (now extended by liberal courts to freedom of expression) will only work in one direction.

Of course, it did save The David School another humiliating defeat. On the other hand, TDS should have lost our sympathy. Let them fight their own battles on and off the basketball court and let the scores rise as they may. No more "poor little TDS" from this viewpoint. Do any of you have any idea how we undo the harm done to AC, its students, its parents, and Floyd County? Do you suppose Olberman and the rest will set the record straight? We all know the answer to that.

At least, AC should keep its flag. The message sent by coercing them into submission would send a terrible message about our alleged constitutional rights.

Surely, no intelligent person is surprised by all of this crap. The motivation and the agenda were obvious from the beginning. Olberman and the others of his ilk exist because of these distortions. We should learn that, if many of the politically correct mind gestapo continue to get their way, freedom of speech (now extended by liberal courts to freedom of expression) will only work in one direction.

Of course, it did save The David School another humiliating defeat. On the other hand, TDS should have lost our sympathy. Let them fight their own battles on and off the basketball court and let the scores rise as they may. No more "poor little TDS" from this viewpoint. Do any of you have any idea how we undo the harm done to AC, its students, its parents, and Floyd County? Do you suppose Olberman and the rest will set the record straight? We all know the answer to that.

At least, AC should keep its flag. The message sent by coercing them into submission would send a terrible message about our alleged constitutional rights.

Scooterbob, I think you remember just a couple of weeks ago that you and I both stressed to several posters on here that they should do their homework on Ned Pillersdorf before reaching a final judgement that condemned many good people concerning what was really going on in this whole ordeal. Of course this is the very same Ned Pillersdorf that I have always known him to be. I'll just bet that most people also dont realize that he is the husband of Judge Janet Stumbo. Something everyone should be aware of whenever election time rolls around again.

Scooterbob, I think you remember just a couple of weeks ago that you and I both stressed to several posters on here that they should do their homework on Ned Pillersdorf before reaching a final judgement that condemned many good people concerning what was really going on in this whole ordeal. Of course this is the very same Ned Pillersdorf that I have always known him to be. I'll just bet that most people also dont realize that he is the husband of Judge Janet Stumbo. Something everyone should be aware of whenever election time rolls around again.

:thumb: :thumb: Pillersdorf = fruitcake.

Wow! The whole incident of AC students yelling racial epitaphs while the David school player was shooting a foul shot was a complete fabrication! Wow!!! In today's world there aren't many accusations that would ostracize a person more than being labelled a racist and yet Pillarsdorf apparantly knowingly chose to falsely accuse the AC student body of just such actions. Wow!!

What are your thoughts? I think there's a simple solution. When the colonists rebeled against England they were called "rebels". Allen Central could Modify their mascot along this line and instead of a confederate flag they could use one of the early versions of the american flag. " Don't Tread On Me" etc.

Read the thread in "Religion and Politics". It seems to indicate that Allen Central was set up by those with an obvious agenda.

As for the mascot, why should AC change what it has used for years? If The David School's coach is "offended", possibly he can aviod scheduling AC in the future. Of course, that would keep Keith Olberman and similar troublemakers out of the action.

Read the thread in "Religion and Politics". It seems to indicate that Allen Central was set up by those with an obvious agenda.

As for the mascot, why should AC change what it has used for years? If The David School's coach is "offended", possibly he can aviod scheduling AC in the future. Of course, that would keep Keith Olberman and similar troublemakers out of the action.

I agree with ScooterBob!:thumb:

Indeed, you are correct, firebird, and the mention of the judge should be of interest to voters.

Both firebird and I have been well informed about Pillersdorf for a long time. Too bad that those who were so quick to condemn Allen Central didn't bother to get some facts. AC has been unjustly harmed but I doubt that there will be any type of outcry on its behalf. It never works that way, does it?

To AC and its people, I say, keep your mascot. You know there is no harmful intent and you owe no one any explanation. To the David School and its people, I say, your honesty, credibility, and entitlement to respect are about as good as is your basketball team.

To AC and its people, I say, keep your mascot. You know there is no harmful intent and you owe no one any explanation. To the David School and its people, I say, your honesty, credibility, and entitlement to respect are about as good as is your basketball team.

:thumb: Agreed

If that coach really lied, I think he should be gone. No way should he be allowed to damage another school that way.

Next AC keep your mascot and lose the flag. Ole Miss are rebals and they no longer have the rebal flag. Have some compassion and some understanding of todays society. If you mean ill will or not, the rebal flag is a sign of hatred toward african americans.

If that coach really lied, I think he should be gone. No way should he be allowed to damage another school that way.

Next AC keep your mascot and lose the flag. Ole Miss are rebals and they no longer have the rebal flag. Have some compassion and some understanding of todays society. If you mean ill will or not, the rebal flag is a sign of hatred toward african americans.

Hold on, Pancake. AC is the victim. They did nothing wrong. Why should they give up their flag? And don't give me any of this symbolic sociological mumbo-jumbo which, in reality, is irrelevant in this case.

The rules of political correctness will protect the guilty coach. There will be no disciplining of him and there will be no apologies offered for his slanderous conduct. Society doesn't work in that particular direction anymore.

AC must show a little backbone and integrity. There are important lessons at stake including, but not limited to, freedom of expression.

I agree. There is too much negativity associated with the rebel flag. The smart and compassionate thing to do is to get rid of it.

Do teams that are the "Patriots" use the American flag as their symbol?