The David School/ Allen Central Controversy... New Twist

EKU_05

I agree. There is too much negativity associated with the rebel flag. The smart and compassionate thing to do is to get rid of it.

Do teams that are the "Patriots" use the American flag as their symbol?

So much for our freedoms. Hysteria would again win the day and, after all, that is what the troublemakers wanted from the beginning.

Do we always give in? What has happened to principle?

Compassion? Come on.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your thoughts? I think there's a simple solution. When the colonists rebeled against England they were called "rebels". Allen Central could Modify their mascot along this line and instead of a confederate flag they could use one of the early versions of the american flag. " Don't Tread On Me" etc.
Gee, your certainly not being very considerate of all the people of English decent that could be offended by that. Did you ever stop to think that I might be offended by something like that, me having an English heritage?

Read the thread in "Religion and Politics". It seems to indicate that Allen Central was set up by those with an obvious agenda.

As for the mascot, why should AC change what it has used for years? If The David School's coach is "offended", possibly he can aviod scheduling AC in the future. Of course, that would keep Keith Olberman and similar troublemakers out of the action.

Isn't that the same guy that used to work for ESPN until he was caught drunk, urinating off a hotel balcony and was fired?

It is relevent to the point of trying to understand why the rebel flag is being used.

Why would any of us need to understand anything at all about why Allen Central chooses to use anything that they do ? Neither you or I either one attend there. I dont feel the need to try to understand why whatever school that you support chooses to use the colors of blue and gold. What's the difference?

The only remark that I can come up with is sarcastic, so I will respectfully "bow out" of this thread.

So I guess we all are to assume that you have no logical answer to the questions I proposed, if all you can offer is a sarcastic view? I wasn't by any means trying to be malicious or sarcastic. I'm just pointing out that bottomline , it's nobody's business why the founders of the school chose to use whatever they chose to use as a mascot, other than the Allen Central people themselves. It doesn't offend me any more than your schools choice to use blue and gold as their colors.

Isn't that the same guy that used to work for ESPN until he was caught drunk, urinating off a hotel balcony and was fired?

No, he was the guy that paid an associate millions of dollars in an out of court settlement because she had a recording of how he wanted to scrub her down with an over priced sponge.....No wait....that was Bill O'Realy,

on Fox News.

No, he was the guy that paid an associate millions of dollars in an out of court settlement because she had a recording of how he wanted to scrub her down with an over priced sponge.....No wait....that was Bill O'Realy,

on Fox News.

:confused:

on Fox News.

Diamond Dandy won't answer your question, firebird. He uses a common ploy of the left and tries to change the focus. The answer is, of course, "yes". Actually, the right is quite fortunate to have one like Olberman on television parroting for the left.