Mason County 73 Lex Cath 68 2OTs

I remember Chris Lofton being rather "unemotional" also - but he really knew how to play the game - same with Miller... He gets the job done.

Good post. And very true Darius hates to have everyone looking at him so he wont be slapping the floor or giving chest bumps or any other " Individual " things that take away from the team. He JUST GETS THE JOB DONE

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally knowing Darius I think your assumption is off. He has the same " Drive, Fire and Intensity" as anyone on the floor but he does not show it. He is not a vocal leader he plays hard and leads by example. If the Royals are down he finds a way to lift the spirits and so far hes done it all season. It all depends on your point of view for intensity i guess if slapping the floor and yelling until your red is considered intensity then your correct. But if having 4 blocks in an overtime and lead your team to victory against a top 10 team in the state is nothing short of inspirational. But to say he has no heart or fire is crazy!

I have seen Mason play in the 5th/3rd and this week against Catholic and Jtown. Miller is a PLAYER!!!

Miller is asked to guard the best player on the other team whether a post or perimeter player, play the post , bring the ball up the floor, score, rebound, get the ball to open teammate and he is being asked to be a cheerkeader as well!

I am sure any coach in the 11th Region would love to have a player to hold Novesiel to 10 ponts.

The Royals are NOT a one person team for if they were their record wouldn't be what it is. Middleton is a talent and of late has been much more aggressive offensively and hope that continues, Setty is solid, Scot supplies enough energy for the entire team, Pawsat has added offensive punch to his defense and rebounding skills. Let us not forget the bench. Stahl, Browning and Tolle are aggressive, no holds barred bangers who along with Downing provide the necessary ingredients for a very successful Royal team.

Miller is the leader no doubt but this is a TEAM with Darius the penultimate teamplayer doing whatever is necessary, short of cheerleading, for a victory.

Personally knowing Darius I think your assumption is off. He has the same " Drive, Fire and Intensity" as anyone on the floor but he does not show it. He is not a vocal leader he plays hard and leads by example. If the Royals are down he finds a way to lift the spirits and so far hes done it all season. It all depends on your point of view for intensity i guess if slapping the floor and yelling until your red is considered intensity then your correct. But if having 4 blocks in an overtime and lead your team to victory against a top 10 team in the state is nothing short of inspirational. But to say he has no heart or fire is crazy!

I have seen Mason play in the 5th/3rd and this week against Catholic and Jtown. Miller is a PLAYER!!!

Miller is asked to guard the best player on the other team whether a post or perimeter player, play the post , bring the ball up the floor, score, rebound, get the ball to open teammate and he is being asked to be a cheerkeader as well!

I am sure any coach in the 11th Region would love to have a player to hold Novesiel to 10 ponts.

The Royals are NOT a one person team for if they were their record wouldn't be what it is. Middleton is a talent and of late has been much more aggressive offensively and hope that continues, Setty is solid, Scot supplies enough energy for the entire team, Pawsat has added offensive punch to his defense and rebounding skills. Let us not forget the bench. Stahl, Browning and Tolle are aggressive, no holds barred bangers who along with Downing provide the necessary ingredients for a very successful Royal team.

Miller is the leader no doubt but this is a TEAM with Darius the penultimate teamplayer doing whatever is necessary, short of cheerleading, for a victory.

I 1000% agree w/them improving his teammates, that is usually a big repsonsibilty of the coaching staff. How about this novelty, let some of those kids who are sitting the bench that can actually play, let them play based on ability and effort and work-ethic.

And then, maybe we can have a tea party afterwards? Come on, the players that play are the ones that can get the job done. I think the coaches know best about who they should play. Yes, there are some that come off the bench who do come up big (i.e. Tony Browning this weekend) but for the most part, the Starters are the ones who are the best players. Yes, I know you can't start more than 5, but the top 5 start. Maybe that changes from week to week of who that top 5 is, but I think we see with Mason county that it hardly changes. I think there is a good reason for that.

Also, with the comment about the coaching staff not doing whatever they need to do to motivate? Well, practices are for coaching. You and I are not in on that. Practices are closed to the public for a reason. Games are when the players play. This is the time where they need to be able to use their own brains. Yes, some coaching of plays still takes place, but the majority of learning takes place in practices. Games are for letting what is learned in practice play out. What good comes from a coach yelling and screaming on the side line? Not a lot.

Basically what I am saying is that Mason's coaching staff does a great job of what they were hired to do. They get the job done. Just look at the numbers. Big games and big wins.

I just hope Tubby doesn't let Miller slip away to Tennessee like he did Lofton. That 25 points per game that Lofton is scoring would help the Cats!!!

He probably wouldn't have been scoring those 25 at Kentucky. But, then this is getting off course of the topic at hand. I don't think Miller will slip away to anywhere. He has his pick of where he wants to go. It is all up to him.

And then, maybe we can have a tea party afterwards? Come on, the players that play are the ones that can get the job done. I think the coaches know best about who they should play. Yes, there are some that come off the bench who do come up big (i.e. Tony Browning this weekend) but for the most part, the Starters are the ones who are the best players. Yes, I know you can't start more than 5, but the top 5 start. Maybe that changes from week to week of who that top 5 is, but I think we see with Mason county that it hardly changes. I think there is a good reason for that.

Also, with the comment about the coaching staff not doing whatever they need to do to motivate? Well, practices are for coaching. You and I are not in on that. Practices are closed to the public for a reason. Games are when the players play. This is the time where they need to be able to use their own brains. Yes, some coaching of plays still takes place, but the majority of learning takes place in practices. Games are for letting what is learned in practice play out. What good comes from a coach yelling and screaming on the side line? Not a lot.

Basically what I am saying is that Mason's coaching staff does a great job of what they were hired to do. They get the job done. Just look at the numbers. Big games and big wins.

Hats off to the coaching staff at Mason County. Pulled the game out when it was lost to LC. Another note: My wife and I worked at the 5th/3rd Tournament. Mason coach and staff were THE most respectful and professional of all the staffs. Made a very positive impression.

Hats off to the coaching staff at Mason County. Pulled the game out when it was lost to LC. Another note: My wife and I worked at the 5th/3rd Tournament. Mason coach and staff were THE most respectful and professional of all the staffs. Made a very positive impression.

I am sure that this is something they would like to hear about.

I am sure that this is something they would like to hear about.

Im pretty sure they dont need to hear it. They handle themselves with class everywhere they go and represent the program well, they expect these things to be said about them and are doing a great job this season 16-2 losing at Catholic and at Scott County i think that is a pretty good job.

Im pretty sure they dont need to hear it. They handle themselves with class everywhere they go and represent the program well, they expect these things to be said about them and are doing a great job this season 16-2 losing at Catholic and at Scott County i think that is a pretty good job.

I agree with you. However, being a Coach is a difficult thing. Everyone likes to hear praise, even coaches. Especially with everything that they have to hear from people who try to tell them how to do their job. We ALL know that EVERYONE thinks they know the best way that basketball should be played. I am sure those guys would like to hear something positive from time to time!