If you could change one thing about Kentucky High School Football what would it be?

theguru

1 hour ago, DearToday said:

Nothing worse than playing a team without one when it's a lesser talented team. They'll run a play a minute. 

Wouldn't that be more of a referee issue and not a problem with the school not having a play clock?

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, WKU52 said:

Wouldn't that be more of a referee issue and not a problem with the school not having a play clock?

Yes. But when there's a play clock that is visible for everyone you can say hey, this isn't starting on time or it's not running. As opposed to an official keeping time on their wrist. 

On 10/16/2023 at 3:53 PM, Astro Domino said:

First two things that came to mind when I just saw this topic before I clicked on it to see what you said was your number 1 and 2. RPI just seems lazily put together and I would think almost everyone could agree that it is not accurate or fair in a lot of cases. And ever since they went to 6 classes in 2007 I’ve always thought that was a bad idea.

The number 6 team on the list is 30 games behind the number 5 team (HHS).  They’re not gonna catch up any time soon, if at all.

And if somehow they do, we can puff out our chests and say “Kentucky has three teams in the top ten”. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As a coach and being over in Indiana for a few years I would like them to adopt the summer flexibility that they have.  In Indiana you can practice 12 days between the day after memorial day until Aug 1 and 5 of those days can be against another team.  We go to camp the first weekend in June against ourselves, schedule a scrimmage against another team early July, and go to a 6 team scrimmage at the end of July.  We wear equipment during this, not just helmets.    

• Thanks 1