Is Highlands' Coach Sphire in a do or die situation?

26 minutes ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

It seems to me that since the precedent has been set that a Highlands head coach must have some fairly substantial Head Coaching experience, the current OC would not be a qualified candidate for the position.

Different administration and hopefully different selection committee members.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I already stated that he does not.  That was not the issue before, it was lack of head coaching experience.  Bob Sphire does not teach and his son is not certified from what I understand.  He bought a house in walking distance from the school and his wife and kids are in the school system.  I 100% believe that when the job opens his name will be in the hat.

Seems rather odd that a school with Highlands academic reputation would employ people without a teaching certificate. So you're telling me that they pay a guy with one state championship on his resume to do nothing but coach? Wow, Dale Mueller and Noel Rash at Beechwood really got hosed lol. I think you might find both of those fellows have a certificate and dad has some type of school day responsibility.

7 hours ago, 9068 said:

Seems rather odd that a school with Highlands academic reputation would employ people without a teaching certificate. So you're telling me that they pay a guy with one state championship on his resume to do nothing but coach? Wow, Dale Mueller and Noel Rash at Beechwood really got hosed lol. I think you might find both of those fellows have a certificate and dad has some type of school day responsibility.

I believe that Bob is a counselor of some sort and the son teaches the area where kids are trying to catch up on their credits that they are behind on in order to graduate.