Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JCPS cancels school and extracurricular activities

Featured Replies

I just heard that JCPS might call off school all next week which would be a disaster for football!

  • Replies 88
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The solution to a bus driver shortage is to pay more than $21/hr, not implement NINE different school start times. 

  • "JCPS is looking for drivers to start before the first day of school on Aug. 10. In addition to the starting hourly rate of $21.69, bus drivers are also eligible for incentive pay of $6 per hour. "

  • I feel like a broken record, parents, get your kids and get out of JCPS. 

Just now, Xtiger69 said:

I just heard that JCPS might call off school all next week which would be a disaster for football!

Yikes, that's terrible.  I think this is a possibility, though, because I don't see JCPS getting this fixed in four days.

  • Author
7 minutes ago, Xtiger69 said:

I just heard that JCPS might call off school all next week which would be a disaster for football!

Glad St. X doesn't play JCPS school first week. 

6 hours ago, theguru said:

Back in the 80s at Beechwood if we were short a bus driver one of the coaches would drive the bus.  We never missed anything, ever. 

Different time as you well know Guru. In the 70s I never needed a CDL.....just the bus keys lol.

5 hours ago, theguru said:

And knowing that schools should be prepared, especially JCPS schools where it is always something. 

JCPS is just a tad bigger than Beechwood lol. Bigger district, bigger transportation issues. Ask Boone County how many drivers short they are right now.

5 minutes ago, 9068 said:

JCPS is just a tad bigger than Beechwood lol. Bigger district, bigger transportation issues. Ask Boone County how many drivers short they are right now.

A real football coach makes it happen no matter what. And if JCPS is not a place a real coach can make things happen then they should leave and go somewhere that appreciates them.

33 minutes ago, theguru said:

A real football coach makes it happen no matter what. And if JCPS is not a place a real coach can make things happen then they should leave and go somewhere that appreciates them.

When your administration shuts you down you really have no recourse. There are only so many places that are "good" jobs where people "appreciate" you lol. Teaching situations ( or other contrived positions) come into play too.

11 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

The solution to a bus driver shortage is to pay more than $21/hr, not implement NINE different school start times. 

Any idea how many hours they get paid for on a bus route?

6 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

Many of the private schools in Louisville have been taking calls today from disgruntled parents wanting better for their kids.

Just an abomination what JCPS has become. Not for many of the teachers but the way it is run. Just ineptitude at its highest level.

You could say that about a lot of Jefferson County Public programs unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Any idea how many hours they get paid for on a bus route?

Well based on last night's 9:58 PM drop off I would say somebody got a LOT of hours last night.

In all seriousness busing logistics for the size of the school system of Jefferson County is tough, but perhaps this should have been worked on all summer until it was gotten done correctly.  I have been in a couple transportation departments in large districts that ran dummy routes weeks before school started to make sure everything would go smooth day one.  Then of course you get the "disaster" of yesterday which looks to be a huge issue for the district and not a quick and easy fix.

4 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

My friend just told me that UPS offered to help from the beginning, FOR FREE, and JCPS outsourced to some other company that had already failed at a school system in Ohio. 

Somebody's pockets got greased. 

Yup, THAT person should definitely lose their job.

I'm still floored by the fact that JCPS paid a consulting firm $265k, when UPS offered to assist for free.   I'm guessing that their offer to help wasn't shared with everyone. 

4 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

My friend just told me that UPS offered to help from the beginning, FOR FREE, and JCPS outsourced to some other company that had already failed at a school system in Ohio. 

Somebody's pockets got greased. 

I am in no way in the know, since I don't live in Jefferson County, but this smells like and FBI investigation may be coming down the pike.

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

I am in no way in the know, since I don't live in Jefferson County, but this smells like and FBI investigation may be coming down the pike.

There may be an investigation. It won’t be the FBI lol

We were obviously one small school, but we had the same guy, Mr. Heck, drive the bus for football. We also had other assistants drive the two small vans to the games. Mr. Schneider would've never allowed for us to not be able to get to our games. That's one school. For a school system the size of JCPS I'd imagine bussing logistics would be almost a 24/7 job for the superintendent. They are HC of the school district, they need to make sure all I's are dotted. Terrible for all the kids not just the athletes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.