Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JCPS cancels school and extracurricular activities

Featured Replies

Guess any scrimmages Friday are cancelled involving JCPS teams.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The solution to a bus driver shortage is to pay more than $21/hr, not implement NINE different school start times. 

  • "JCPS is looking for drivers to start before the first day of school on Aug. 10. In addition to the starting hourly rate of $21.69, bus drivers are also eligible for incentive pay of $6 per hour. "

  • I feel like a broken record, parents, get your kids and get out of JCPS. 

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

What were the issues?

Last kid dropped off at 9:58 pm plus numerous delays of pick ups and drop offs. They went to staggered school start times so new routes for bus drivers.

A lot of teams scrambling this morning.

Bus driver shortage is what I’m hearing. 

10 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

Bus driver shortage is what I’m hearing. 

Getting tougher and tougher to find people willing to do that job. 

44 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

Bus driver shortage is what I’m hearing. 

The solution to a bus driver shortage is to pay more than $21/hr, not implement NINE different school start times. 

Wild that buses to school impacts a district's ability to allow their kids to participate in athletics. (They haven't had buses all summer).

 

I'd be furious if I was a JCPS coach right now. 

The worst part is they are cancelling scrimmages for teams that are hosting and there is no reason I can figure for doing that. 

12 minutes ago, BlueRaider said:

Wild that buses to school impacts a district's ability to allow their kids to participate in athletics. (They haven't had buses all summer).

 

I'd be furious if I was a JCPS coach right now. 

 

9 minutes ago, Coach Preston said:

The worst part is they are cancelling scrimmages for teams that are hosting and there is no reason I can figure for doing that. 

Absolutely no way practices and scrimmages should have to be canceled because of this. 

And they shouldn't have to make the school days up either. I know my kid wouldn't go those two extra days. 

It seems likeJCPS answer to everything is to cancel sports.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.