Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JCPS cancels school and extracurricular activities

Featured Replies

  • Replies 88
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The solution to a bus driver shortage is to pay more than $21/hr, not implement NINE different school start times. 

  • "JCPS is looking for drivers to start before the first day of school on Aug. 10. In addition to the starting hourly rate of $21.69, bus drivers are also eligible for incentive pay of $6 per hour. "

  • I feel like a broken record, parents, get your kids and get out of JCPS. 

3 hours ago, Breds82 said:

We were obviously one small school, but we had the same guy, Mr. Heck, drive the bus for football. We also had other assistants drive the two small vans to the games. Mr. Schneider would've never allowed for us to not be able to get to our games. That's one school. For a school system the size of JCPS I'd imagine bussing logistics would be almost a 24/7 job for the superintendent. They are HC of the school district, they need to make sure all I's are dotted. Terrible for all the kids not just the athletes.

Public school districts have transportation directors so in reality the superintendent just oversees that person or persons.

This is from Fox19.com and gives us a little perspective on the free transportation that was offered to JCPS:

UPS said its average full-time driver is expected to make about $170,000 a year in pay and benefits.

37 minutes ago, theguru said:

This is from Fox19.com and gives us a little perspective on the free transportation that was offered to JCPS:

UPS said its average full-time driver is expected to make about $170,000 a year in pay and benefits.

I don’t follow how drivers pay under the new CBA provides perspective into what was offered? 

3 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I don’t follow how drivers pay under the new CBA provides perspective into what was offered? 

If we are to believe what is in this thread UPS is offering JCPS free transportation using 170K a year employees.  I did some quick math so I could be wrong but that comes out to about $80 an hour. I think it is some perspective, even if it is a small amount. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

If we are to believe what is in this thread UPS is offering JCPS free transportation using 170K a year employees.  I did some quick math so I could be wrong but that comes out to about $80 an hour. I think it is some perspective, even if it is a small amount. 

I can follow that. Sometimes I need it broken down really simple lol.

2 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I can follow that. Sometimes I need it broken down really simple lol.

Me too CW. ?‍♀️

UPS drivers work their entire rear end off… But if you stick it out, it is absolutely worth it financially. 

11 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

UPS drivers work their entire rear end off… But if you stick it out, it is absolutely worth it financially. 

I agree and I know some of them.  They are all super hard working and from what I can see financially set. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

This is from Fox19.com and gives us a little perspective on the free transportation that was offered to JCPS:

UPS said its average full-time driver is expected to make about $170,000 a year in pay and benefits.

My father in law retired 3 years ago as the second-most-senior UPS driver in the state of Kentucky. Over 40 years as a full-time driver (and the busted up knees, ankles, and hips to show for it...plus he has about 30% hearing loss from sitting in a big metal box and listening to a diesel engine droning for over 40 years). Don't make any mistake, UPS offered top notch health insurance and they paid well, but unless UPS was offering their drivers over six figures worth of benefits, annually, there is absolutely zero chance that that "$170,000 a year in pay and benefits" statement is anywhere near accurate.

1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

My father in law retired 3 years ago as the second-most-senior UPS driver in the state of Kentucky. Over 40 years as a full-time driver (and the busted up knees, ankles, and hips to show for it...plus he has about 30% hearing loss from sitting in a big metal box and listening to a diesel engine droning for over 40 years). Don't make any mistake, UPS offered top notch health insurance and they paid well, but unless UPS was offering their drivers over six figures worth of benefits, annually, there is absolutely zero chance that that "$170,000 a year in pay and benefits" statement is anywhere near accurate.

I guess they are getting a raise.

And along the lines of what you said, the guys I know are generally speaking pretty beastly but I can tell the job has been hard on them. 

37 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

 

I was so unimpressed with him over COVID and this is just more of the same.

Clown show. 

On 8/10/2023 at 7:35 AM, TheDeuce said:

The solution to a bus driver shortage is to pay more than $21/hr, not implement NINE different school start times. 

Part two of that solution is for people to get control of their kids.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.