St. John’s hires Rick Pitino

futurecoach

10 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

St. John’s will be relevant very soon, I’d say. Pitino in NYC, that’s a pretty easy sell. 

I agree Deuce if anyone can turn them around it would be Pitino. He will have his work cut out I think I saw that the last time they won an NCAA Tournament game was in 2000.

Dude can flat out coach, we can all agree on that. He also said he wasn’t interested in the Celtics job and then he left. I hope he gets St John’s back to the early 80’s level they had. I was 9 when Laetner hit the shot and I got to see them in Cincy in practice when they used to play up here. He’s the real deal. I’ve never understood the hate towards him when he went to Louisville. Congrats and good luck.

The Red Storm will be relevant very soon. Pitino and New York, that will be scary enough just from a recruiting perspective along with whoever else gets recruited. And he coaches amazingly as everyone knows. He’s older obviously but I think he’s got some time left in the tank. The Big East was good already, it just got very good.

5 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Didn't Rick state when he got the Iona job, that would be his last job?

He did, but at that point he was just happy to be coaching in college again. Once he realized he could get a better job again once the rules started to change, it was only a matter of time before he left. 

I do think this will truly be his last job this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1