2023 Mayfield Cardinals

On 3/23/2023 at 11:07 PM, Czar said:

I’ve heard that Mayfield and Johnson Central will be playing the next two years. 

On 3/24/2023 at 8:42 AM, snakesnot_2000 said:

I've heard a rumor that they'll meet halfway somewhere like Etown and play.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:12 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

Not so fast, I've been told from the horses mouth that this game is not a done deal. Could be later. But not now.

Both Mayfield and Johnson Central have the week of Oct 15/16 open on their schedules.

• 3 weeks later...

4 key players from the Mayfield Cardinals won the state title in the 4x100 meter event in track yesterday. All juniors. So I guess this indeed proves that they once again will have speed all over the field.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

4 key players from the Mayfield Cardinals won the state title in the 4x100 meter event in track yesterday. All juniors. So I guess this indeed proves that they once again will have speed all over the field.

I am thinking we should just mail the trophy to Mayfield and start chatting about 2024 2A.

Seriously, very impressive and I can't wait to watch Red Helmet Video of the games this year. 

1 hour ago, Statsdontlie said:

Lexington Christian Academy just got Madison Central's two best players. Brady Hensley and Kenyatta Hardge. Mayfield and LCA will be the favorites for sure. 

Will be interesting to see if they get eligible. 

20 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Lexington Christian Academy just got Madison Central's two best players. Brady Hensley and Kenyatta Hardge. Mayfield and LCA will be the favorites for sure. 

Hardge played 1 game last year and 5 games the year before that. Last year he had 1 carry for 2 yards. Has he been hurt the last couple years? If he was one of their two best players, why didn’t he get more action? 

23 hours ago, DearToday said:

I read it as it’s still open because they can’t find a game. 

Same.

I'm not sure if that is or isn't the official schedule graphic (aka, put out by the school) but if it is, it's kind of embarrassing to use blatantly poor grammar like that on something that is intended to act as somewhat of an advertisement for a school program.

Crittenden is misspelled too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Same.

I'm not sure if that is or isn't the official schedule graphic (aka, put out by the school) but if it is, it's kind of embarrassing to use blatantly poor grammar like that on something that is intended to act as somewhat of an advertisement for a school program.

Crittenden is misspelled too.

I don't think it's put out by the school.

On 6/4/2023 at 4:01 PM, Statsdontlie said:

LCA isn’t a favorite of anything until they beat either Mayfield or Beechwood. They have had the most “talent” of any team in 2A the last 4 years and have yet to get it done. 

• Like 1