2023 Mayfield Cardinals

On 2/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Thus far for the Cardinals' schedule, I've seen these games from other teams' released schedules:

Aug 18 vs. Graves County
Sep 1 at Paducah Tilghman
Sep 8 vs. McCracken County
Sep 29 at Caldwell County (District)
Oct 13 vs. Crittenden County (District)

Aug 18 vs. Graves County
Sep 1 at Paducah Tilghman
Sep 8 vs. McCracken County
Sep 22 at Henderson County
Sep 29 at Caldwell County (District)
Oct 13 vs. Crittenden County (District)
Oct 20 vs. Murray (District)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Czar said:

I’ve heard that Mayfield and Johnson Central will be playing the next two years. 

It would be easier to travel in the playoffs than do home and home games with Johnson.  I hope its at a neutral site and even then its to far.  I guess this is a RPI decision for Mayfield. 

I can definitely tell you these boys are hungry after that State loss. Ian Williams, Juju, and  will morris were all training at that starks gym in Paducah. I think Ian will have a breakout year this season. He looked like he packed on some extra lean muscle. Juju looked even more explosive and will looked like he’s added 5 lbs of muscle. I’m excited for this season.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:12 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

Not so fast, I've been told from the horses mouth that this game is not a done deal. Could be later. But not now.

What is the hold up then? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, Mr. Neutral said:

I can definitely tell you these boys are hungry after that State loss. Ian Williams, Juju, and  will morris were all training at that starks gym in Paducah. I think Ian will have a breakout year this season. He looked like he packed on some extra lean muscle. Juju looked even more explosive and will looked like he’s added 5 lbs of muscle. I’m excited for this season.

I attended the track meet this past Monday, JuJu beat everyone by 10 meters and he looked faster as well as powerful, it appears that he added 5-10 lbs.

13 hours ago, Tracy House said:

I attended the track meet this past Monday, JuJu beat everyone by 10 meters and he looked faster as well as powerful, it appears that he added 5-10 lbs.

Juju should be the premier back in Western Kentucky and one of the best backs in the State if he stays healthy.

• Like 1

I chatted with someone about Mayfield yesterday and they told me the Cards are bigger, faster, and stronger this year.  I am told the lineman have packed on the muscle and the overall team speed is off the charts.  It sounds like Mayfield is the team to beat in 2A this year.

Anyone?

This coming season will have a roster Mayfield fans have been looking forward to for several years. In fact, with the COVID impact on the roster, I would argue the roster is even better than the one Mayfield fans have dreamed of. The Cardinals have to be the favorite on paper.

Caveat though, that does not make them #1 in the rankings.