2023 Mayfield Cardinals

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

This coming season will have a roster Mayfield fans have been looking forward to for several years. In fact, with the COVID impact on the roster, I would argue the roster is even better than the one Mayfield fans have dreamed of. The Cardinals have to be the favorite on paper.

Caveat though, that does not make them #1 in the rankings. 

If not Mayfield, who?

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

If not Mayfield, who?

Zero chance #1 is anyone other than 3 time defending champion Beechwood, who beat Mayfield in last year's title game and has beaten Mayfield the last two years.

And my guess is Mayfield fans agree with Beechwood starting the year #1.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Zero chance #1 is anyone other than 3 time defending champion Beechwood, who beat Mayfield in last year's title game and has beaten Mayfield the last two years.

And my guess is Mayfield fans agree with Beechwood starting the year #1.

They may agree in public but I doubt they agree in private. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, theguru said:

LCA sure looked the part until they ran into the Tigers.

Anyone from Mayfield care to opine? 

It's to early to say who's number 1 but Mayfield is in the mix. Also, here's a little food for thought, I doubt Beechwood will win the State title in 23 . They can start Number 1 but when it's over they won't be # 1. Just a semi educated guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

It's to early to say who's number 1 but Mayfield is in the mix. Also, here's a little food for thought, I doubt Beechwood will win the State title in 23 . They can start Number 1 but when it's over they won't be # 1. Just a semi educated guess.

I think I agree with you snake.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

The rankings aren't a prediction. The rankings are a resume statement. The rankings are what a team has earned.

At first the ranking might be a resume statement but at some point it has to be a prediction of what your team is right now.

• Like 1