2023 Mayfield Cardinals

18 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Same.

I'm not sure if that is or isn't the official schedule graphic (aka, put out by the school) but if it is, it's kind of embarrassing to use blatantly poor grammar like that on something that is intended to act as somewhat of an advertisement for a school program.

Crittenden is misspelled too.

It was made by the fan who placed his name in the bottom right corner, D. J. Paul.  Paul makes Cardinal images on FB all the time and is not associated with the school. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, WarMemorialVet said:

Still only 9 games as of July! I find it ridiculous that we can’t find a 10th opponent and feel if it were to stay that way (not sure you can have 9 game schedule) this will kill us in the RPI come crunch time at the end of the season. 

A21565F9-2690-4271-8F44-899FA86D45CD.jpeg

With two open dates you should be able to find someone but I wonder if a lot of teams don't want to play you because they think it will be a for sure loss. 

• Like 1

My thoughts and prayers are going towards the City of Mayfield and all those in Western Kentucky that are effected by the nearly 1 foot of rain they experienced yesterday.  Frankfort declared these areas states of emergency and multiple swift water rescue have been needed.  This on the heels of the tornados not that long ago.  I know this is a football site, but wanted those close to Mayfield/WKY to know there are many hoping your situation improves rapidly.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Purple88 said:

My thoughts and prayers are going towards the City of Mayfield and all those in Western Kentucky that are effected by the nearly 1 foot of rain they experienced yesterday.  Frankfort declared these areas states of emergency and multiple swift water rescue have been needed.  This on the heels of the tornados not that long ago.  I know this is a football site, but wanted those close to Mayfield/WKY to know there are many hoping your situation improves rapidly.

Thoughts and prayers for safety to all those impacted by this.

• 2 weeks later...

Did they ever fill that open week? A nine game schedule has huge implications on RPI. Could be good or bad. If I’m mayfield I’m not scheduling a cupcake team that’ll just lower their RPI unless it’s last resort, because those kids do deserve a 10 game season. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bac2369 said:

I’m taking a look at team schedules right, and I noticed that Middlesboro and Williamsburg both have September 15th off. So it’s possible to call them up. 

Five hours to Williamsburg and almost 6 to Middlesboro.

That is a long drive for a game that would probably hurt Mayfield in RPI. Playing down in class is a negative in RPI.