2023 Mayfield Cardinals

31 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

At first the ranking might be a resume statement but at some point it has to be a prediction of what your team is right now.

To some extent. What happens is as teams play games, the resume changes and the rankings change. Not exactly a prediction of who would beat who but it starts to work in that direction as the season goes on.

On 4/14/2023 at 4:44 PM, Tracy House said:

Well, this year, that is 2023, IMO, Mayfield overall looks faster, bigger and nasty.

Speed all over the field, several people can play several positions.

Shocker.  
Amazing what that does.

They ever had that before?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Calico Jack said:

Shocker.  
Amazing what that does.

They ever had that before?

@Voice of Reason  I thought you and some others might like that. 

I mean, it just blows my mind why so many want to don’t want to acknowledge the obvious role that speed and having better players has when it comes to high school football, college or even on the pro level. 

It’s like the time I heard an extremely decorated coach in this state, who at his first stint as a head coach for, oh, let’s say 5-10 years land a job at a household name program despite having a less than eye popping resume to say the least his first several years go ‘round as a HC.

He goes, “people think I got better as a head coach from school A to school B, and like most things, I guess you do to an extent with more age and wisdom that come along.    But, you know what I really realized? ‘There is a reason why mules don’t run in the Kentucky Derby.’ “

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Calico Jack said:

I mean, it just blows my mind why so many want to don’t want to acknowledge the obvious role that speed and having better players has when it comes to high school football, college or even on the pro level. 

It’s like the time I heard an extremely decorated coach in this state, who at his first stint as a head coach for, oh, let’s say 5-10 years land a job at a household name program despite having a less than eye popping resume to say the least his first several years go ‘round as a HC.

He goes, “people think I got better as a head coach from school A to school B, and like most things, I guess you do to an extent with more age and wisdom that come along.    But, you know what I really realized? ‘There is a reason why mules don’t run in the Kentucky Derby.’ “

There's that side of your earlier post on speed, and then there is also this.

Will someone fill me in on the Mayfield team that did not have speed? I don't think I saw the Mayfield team without speed, if it ever happened.

20 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

There's that side of your earlier post on speed, and then there is also this.

Will someone fill me in on the Mayfield team that did not have speed? I don't think I saw the Mayfield team without speed, if it ever happened.

I can’t ever think of one.  And not just one or two guys, but overall team speed, epitomized. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Calico Jack said:

Yes, Mayfield has good players. Yes, Mayfield has speed. What's new?

• Like 1

Mayfield is a likely candidate to win a long overdue title in 23.  That said though, many a trophy has landed elsewhere.  I would rather be lucky than good any day when a title is involved but I do like our chances.  

• Like 2

On 4/14/2023 at 3:40 PM, DearToday said:

LCA is loading up right now and will have something to say..

Beechwood Tigers have been hearing that for years. When you win the big one, then we can talk. LCA is the biggest underachieving team these last 3-5 years than any team I can think of in recent memory. 

7 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

Beechwood Tigers have been hearing that for years. When you win the big one, then we can talk. LCA is the biggest underachieving team these last 3-5 years than any team I can think of in recent memory. 

Ouch!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 1:30 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Aug 18 vs. Graves County
Sep 1 at Paducah Tilghman
Sep 8 vs. McCracken County
Sep 22 at Henderson County
Sep 29 at Caldwell County (District)
Oct 13 vs. Crittenden County (District)
Oct 20 vs. Murray (District)

Aug 18 vs. Graves County
Aug 25 vs. Hopkinsville