2023 Mayfield Cardinals

Malik Kirby and Mac Hoover were freshman this year.  Both really good athletes that subbed in at WR and DB.  Hoover had a big TD catch in the LCA game that got called back on penalty.  Those two should be impact players this fall. 

Not sure I'll ever be confident enough to say Mayfield is the favorite the way Beechwood and LCA have been reloading every year.  But Mayfield will have a punchers chance like always, especially with what they have returning.  I thought they over-achieved this past season, but this coming season I won't be able to say that.  They def have the talent.

I love Mayfield’s chances, barring any major injuries, transfers suspensions etc., we still talking about 2a football where the depth charts are not …well deep. I think the battle is won in the trenches and if The o and d lines develop and advance we will be fine. I do believe we return a kicker who should forget about last year and just focus on one kick at a time.

4 hours ago, BadaBing said:

Malik Kirby and Mac Hoover were freshman this year.  Both really good athletes that subbed in at WR and DB.  Hoover had a big TD catch in the LCA game that got called back on penalty.  Those two should be impact players this fall. 

Not sure I'll ever be confident enough to say Mayfield is the favorite the way Beechwood and LCA have been reloading every year.  But Mayfield will have a punchers chance like always, especially with what they have returning.  I thought they over-achieved this past season, but this coming season I won't be able to say that.  They def have the talent.

I really like that Hoover kid.

Edited by theguru

On 1/11/2023 at 4:29 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

That would be news. His mother is a teacher for the Mayfield school system and their buying a house in Mayfield. Anything is possible.

Guess it's official. Maddox is back at McCracken Co per his twitter account: @MaddoxO_3.  He has the potential to be special with the right personnel. Not sure of the reason(s) for the move. I'm guessing he will be starting for the Mustangs this coming season.  Good luck to him and his bright future. Tough loss for the Cards.

3 minutes ago, FB Head said:

Guess it's official. Maddox is back at McCracken Co per his twitter account: @MaddoxO_3.  He has the potential to be special with the right personnel. Not sure of the reason(s) for the move. I'm guessing he will be starting for the Mustangs this coming season.  Good luck to him and his bright future. Tough loss for the Cards.

From his twitter account:

Maddox O’Neal QB2026
@MaddoxO_3
McCracken Co. HS 6A QB #3/ C/O 2026 / 6’1” / 165#/ 4.0 GPA / 
@McCrackenStangs
 / 9.75”Hands/ 73” Wing Span/ 9’3” Broad Jump/ Multi-Sp 🏈🏀 NCAA ID# 2112388428

3 hours ago, FB Head said:

I have alot I could say about this. But I won't. I won't wish him good luck either.

• Sad 3

• 4 weeks later...