Raceland Banquet

oldram

I want to tell the administration, coaches, parents , etc.. how much everyone enjoyed the Raceland Banquet. It was one of the best i have ever attended and believe me i have attended several over the last thirty or more years. It was absolutely outstanding. The speaches were heartfelt and you could tell everyone bought into the band of brothers and sisters. There were no specialty trophies like some schools of player of the year etc.. They all were recognized of players of the year. I thought it probably would hurt the boys by not getting things like scout team, 110% best this or that but they stood united as one team. It was not one player that made this team what it was this year it was all of them. Fans and kids alike have the upmost respect for their coaches which doesnt happen frequently. I just wished we had one more year with this group to really take it to the limit. Dont get me wrong i have faith and support in the team coming out. It just was an extemely special year.

Congradulations to Kasey Clark from Russell. He has deserved the awards that have been given but i want to announce again our boys that were also awarded and fans that couldnt make it to the banquet lets give a shout out and some support for these fine boys and what they acheived.

All Area, All District Louisville Courier

J.T. Forrest J.T. Forrest HM JT Forrest and Scott Gizzle

Scott Grizzle Scott Grizzle

Derrick Beach Derrick Beach

Clint Thompson Clint Thompson

Brad Rogers Brad Rogers

Jacob Sparks Scott Mckenzie

Benji Mullins Benji Mullins

Calab Caldwell

If i missed anyone i am sorry All District Coach

possible Shawn Deskins Randy Vanderhoof

i cant remember

Lets try to give a big shout our to this team and all the underclassmen that made this team what is was. It brought tears to use old men and young men alike that this boys will not hit the field all together in 2007. We love you guys

I want to tell the administration, coaches, parents , etc.. how much everyone enjoyed the Raceland Banquet. It was one of the best i have ever attended and believe me i have attended several over the last thirty or more years. It was absolutely outstanding. The speaches were heartfelt and you could tell everyone bought into the band of brothers and sisters. There were no specialty trophies like some schools of player of the year etc.. They all were recognized of players of the year. I thought it probably would hurt the boys by not getting things like scout team, 110% best this or that but they stood united as one team. It was not one player that made this team what it was this year it was all of them. Fans and kids alike have the upmost respect for their coaches which doesnt happen frequently. I just wished we had one more year with this group to really take it to the limit. Dont get me wrong i have faith and support in the team coming out. It just was an extemely special year.

Congradulations to Kasey Clark from Russell. He has deserved the awards that have been given but i want to announce again our boys that were also awarded and fans that couldnt make it to the banquet lets give a shout out and some support for these fine boys and what they acheived.

All Area, All District Louisville Courier

J.T. Forrest J.T. Forrest HM JT Forrest and Scott Gizzle

Scott Grizzle Scott Grizzle

Derrick Beach Derrick Beach

Clint Thompson Clint Thompson

Brad Rogers Brad Rogers

Jacob Sparks Scott Mckenzie

Benji Mullins Benji Mullins

Calab Caldwell

If i missed anyone i am sorry All District Coach

possible Shawn Deskins Randy Vanderhoof

i cant remember

Lets try to give a big shout our to this team and all the underclassmen that made this team what is was. It brought tears to use old men and young men alike that this boys will not hit the field all together in 2007. We love you guys

:thumb: Great post Oldram!! Congrats to all the kids. Well deserving of the awards and as you mentioned a great group of kids.

Great Post oldram!! Just a message from an old Rambler to all of these seniors from last seasons team and graduating this spring : Remember - " Once a Ram, Always a Ram" and I personally want to thank each and every one of you for all your years of hard work, dedication, blood, sweat and tears for the Ram program. This was a great Senior class and will not be forgotten in Ram Country! May God bless you in all that you do and directions that you take after leaving RWHS.

Good look next year to the underclassmen.

:thumb: The underclassmen that are returning very well know the traditon and expectations of Raceland Ram Football. That has been established by not only this past seasons team but any and all that came before them. This small community and Raceland Football are truly a "Band of Brothers".

:thumb: The underclassmen that are returning very well know the traditon and expectations of Raceland Ram Football. That has been established by not only this past seasons team but any and all that came before them. This small community and Raceland Football are truly a "Band of Brothers".

And with some of us listed in that group the band has really been expanded!:laugh:

Who were the award winners?

According to oldram there were none.

There were no specialty trophies like some schools of player of the year etc.. They all were recognized of players of the year. I thought it probably would hurt the boys by not getting things like scout team, 110% best this or that but they stood united as one team.

no individual awards except all area and all district and of course freshman letters and extremely nice gifts from our fabulous touchdown club. Please Rams old and new join. Doesnt cost a thing now and they are working very hard to make everyone feel welcome. No individual awards because they played as a team this year. They were all great in what they did. The coaches said they bought into what they needed to do. In the upper post list the boys that made all area, all district, HM on all state and our all district coach of the year Coach Vanderhoof. Crippled or not we will go to the grave as a band of brothers and sisters.

Crippled or not we will go to the grave as a band of brothers and sisters.

:thumb: One thing that is for certain oldram, not just this past seasons team - Raceland Football, the Fans, Comunities, Past Players,Past Coaches and Fans that are spread out all over have ALWAYS been a "Band Of Brothers.....and sisters"!!! Once A Ram, Always A Ram!:dancingpa