Bullitt East vs. Male Predictions/Updates (6A State Championship)

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 09:00 PM

Male (10-4) survives two close games with St. X and Ballard to make it to the finals 5 straight times. Bullitt East (13-1) beat Male earlier in the season 24-17. Male was missing RB Daniel Swinney in the first matchup. Bullitt East has a high flying offense led by great QB Travis Egan that can make plays with his legs and arm. Bullitt East is making their first championship appearance since 2008 when they were in Class 4A. Does Bullitt East make it two in a row over Male or does Male win the championship since last winning in 2018?

1079458840_BullittEastvsMaleBanner.jpg.a

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Bullitt East vs. Male Predictions/Updates (6A Championship)
  • theguru changed the title to Bullitt East vs. Male Predictions/Updates (6A State Championship)
2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I was unaware Swinney didn’t play in the first game, that obviously makes a difference. 

Cobler was basically the Male offense that night. He had a hand in 90% of their yards and both touchdowns. Having Swinney in the lineup changes things. Plus, that was also Gainey's first game back. This will be a different Male team than the one Bullitt East defeated five weeks ago.

But the Chargers have come a long way since then, as well. Both teams are superior versions of themselves from that night in Mt. Washington.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DragonFire said:

I would assume this would have to be the first time ever two teams from the same district have met in the state finals.  I can't think of a single time the playoff system would have been set up to allow it previously.

Good thing they took intra-district the first two rounds out right? 

• Like 2

Computers said they would lose to Male (1st time), Manual, Central Hardin and Bryan Station.  Only thing I was actually worried about was BE being picked to win this one by the computers !!

BTW, Mr Football was 20/28 for 274 and 4 TD's !!  He also ran for 77 yards and another TD !!

• Like 3

I’m taking BE. BE’s offense is better. BE is a confident group. Of Male’s 4 playoffs win, 2of them could be placed in the “lucky” category. Yes, at times it’s better to be lucky than good, but you can’t live off of that. Think Male has used up all their good fortune. 

BE - 27

Male - 21