Lexington Christian Academy at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

LCA at Mayfield State Semi Finals  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Mayfield has had the luxury of playing heavy run teams in the playoffs to go along with their stingy run defense. It's not easy   That all changes this week when Mr. Boley and the Eagles comes to town.  LCA averages 300+ yards through the air but have also given the ball away plenty (14 interceptions). Do the Cardinals have the game plan to slow down LCA's passing attack?  To me, this will be the key.  I don't remember Mayfield being tested this year like they will be this week.

Has LCA visited Mayfield in the past?  I don't recall them playing at War Memorial but I may be wrong.

Playing at War Memorial in November is special if you are the home team. Many... and I mean many really good teams have made the drive west on Thanksgiving week but only 1, in recent memory, has come out of there with the win. 

Good luck to both teams. I'm excited to watch this game in WKY. Safe travels to everyone who makes this game.

Mayfield-38

LCA-28 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FB Head said:

Mayfield has had the luxury of playing heavy run teams in the playoffs to go along with their stingy run defense. It's not easy   That all changes this week when Mr. Boley and the Eagles comes to town.  LCA averages 300+ yards through the air but have also given the ball away plenty (14 interceptions). Do the Cardinals have the game plan to slow down LCA's passing attack?  To me, this will be the key.  I don't remember Mayfield being tested this year like they will be this week.

Has LCA visited Mayfield in the past?  I don't recall them playing at War Memorial but I may be wrong.

Playing at War Memorial in November is special if you are the home team. Many... and I mean many really good teams have made the drive west on Thanksgiving week but only 1, in recent memory, has come out of there with the win. 

Good luck to both teams. I'm excited to watch this game in WKY. Safe travels to everyone who makes this game.

Mayfield-38

LCA-28 

This will be LCA's first trip to War Memorial.

This will be a tough test. I guess you could say this will be a test like PT.

I'm sure the Cards have a plan to slow down LCA's passing attack, the only question is will it work.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mayfieldsportsfan said:

Fans of LCA 

Do not attempt to park in the end zone. It is 120.00 for a year. It is full of tailgaters. No sense paying that for one game. Right across the street is free parking. So please do not pay for parking. You can go in there and visit and someone will probably offer you food. They are usually cooking a hog for substate. 

Wish I could be there. The best tasting high school concessions I've ever had were at Raceland stadium. But I've heard great things about Mayfield, and I would love to compare the best that Eastern & Western KY have to offer.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bluto said:

Wish I could be there. The best tasting high school concessions I've ever had were at Raceland stadium. But I've heard great things about Mayfield, and I would love to compare the best that Eastern & Western KY have to offer.

Oh gosh please don’t try the concessions. It will ruin every good thing about War Memorial. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bluto said:

The food cooked during the pregame tailgating is always good.

• Like 1

He’s a monster. Literally can write his own ticket to any college he wants. I’ve watched two games of theirs as well. Their run defense is definitely suspect and I believe, like a lot of the teams that beat them, if we can move the ball on the ground we will win. I believe our defense will get more stops against them than they will against us. I hope I’m right. 

10 minutes ago, WarMemorialVet said:

He’s a monster. Literally can write his own ticket to any college he wants. I’ve watched two games of theirs as well. Their run defense is definitely suspect and I believe, like a lot of the teams that beat them, if we can move the ball on the ground we will win. I believe our defense will get more stops against them than they will against us. I hope I’m right. 

Pikeville ran all over them. 

19 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Pikeville ran all over them. 

Yep. And the guy from Lex Cath broke a school record against them. Think he had 6 rushing TDs. It’s gonna come down to the line play which normally it does. They have to block and open up holes on offense and we HAVE TO get pressure on him. He’s thrown like 14 interceptions this year. Gotta make him nervous with pressure force him to make mistakes. If he gets all day to throw, might be a long night. 

Mayfield is a little more athletic in the secondary than Owensboro Catholic and I think that will be key for Mayfield. If Mayfield doesn’t turn the ball over they win here. If they turn the ball over and keep giving LCA some extra possessions this could be another instant classic just like Ocath and LCA was. As much as I’d like to pick LCA here since they beat my Aces, I’m going with Mayfield 35-27. Too long roads trips in a row and simply put Mayfield will not lose a home game in November, especially with the year that community has had. 

• Like 4

On 11/21/2022 at 6:35 PM, Bluto said:

Come on man.  You know no one can beat Raceland.  You saw it, and tasted it, for yourself.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, zoneblitz2 said:

... and simply put Mayfield will not lose a home game in November, especially with the year that community has had. 

Man.
I will always root for LCA to win, but that statement really hit me. Good luck to both teams.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is this only the second time Mayfield and LCA have played each other?

In the 2009 1A title game LCA beat Mayfield 55-19.

Yes, this is only the second time.

Edited by theguru
  • Thanks 1