Bryan Station 10 Trinity 7

TheDeuce

16 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

This win by Bryan Station makes that 52-7 win by Douglass to begin the season look more impressive. Bryan Station starting their season off by playing Douglass, Boyle Co., and Scott County is paying dividends I believe congrats to the Defenders.

Eh ... opening night is a loooong time ago. Yes, impressive score but they lost the next week 36-12 to Boyle. Then they lost the next week to Scott County 21-20. Looks like they kept getting better week by week and I am sure they continued throughout the year.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Eghhh...I'm not really gonna get into it any further, but let's just say that I spent 20 years working in construction, and I was still taken aback by what I heard.

I know where you are coming from. I have experienced that more than a couple times from New Cath fans. I was cussed out by a New Cath grandma once because I said let's calm down, and it was language I never heard from a grandma before. I had to laugh it was so insane.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I knew Station had the athletes to run with Trinity, but they consistently displayed toughness in the trenches, as well. This was a well earned victory, all the way around. 

The challenge now becomes getting these kids refocused for another great opponent after what they just pulled off. The Rocks might not be vintage this year, but this win carries great significance for the "At-Large" crowd, who hadn't produced a win over Trinity in eighteen years. 

@coachhawk is pushing the right buttons at the right time for this team. Might as well keep it rolling and win the whole darn thing.

• Like 4

I counted Bryan Station out early in the year which was a big mistake. Coach Hawkins is definitely one of my favorite coaches. He knows what he's doing! Congrats to Bryan Station on a big time program win. Not many if any teams in Lexington can say they beat Louisville Trinity before. 

• Like 2