Woodford County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Woodford County vs. Frederick Douglass  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Woodford County
    • Fredrick Douglass

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 02:00 AM

At this point, for 4A, 5A, 6A playoff games, people need to drop the whole running clock thing, there aren't going to be any running clocks. Not aimed at the last poster, but throughout multiple posts people are throwing the term out loosely lately. 

Coaches are going to play more conservative than during the regular season. And if there is a matchup that ends up an easy win, I would imagine the winning side is going to pull impact players as soon as possible to prevent injuries, before reaching that large of a lead.

Just now, Hungover_in_Andover said:

At this point, for 4A, 5A, 6A playoff games, people need to drop the whole running clock thing, there aren't going to be any running clocks. Not aimed at the last poster, but throughout multiple posts people are throwing the term out loosely lately. 

Coaches are going to play more conservative than during the regular season. And if there is a matchup that ends up an easy win, I would imagine the winning side is going to pull impact players as soon as possible to prevent injuries, before reaching that large of a lead.

There may be a couple of running clocks this week in those classes and this game is one of the ones where it is possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Douglass very nearly put a running clock on Boyle just a few weeks ago. I tend to think that Boyle is a little better than Woodford, or at the very least, equal. So if there is going to be one, I think this is the game.

Somebody do me a favor and let me know if the public address announcer at FD refuses to call any of the visiting players by name again this week. Pretty low brow move for a grown adult to refuse to acknowledge athletes for making plays in a high school game. Bush league, actually.

Go Jackets. Crush the Broncs.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:41 AM, bluecolonels95 said:

Wofo lost to Simon Kenton who really isn’t anything special. FD is a lot better than SK so I will take FD big. Probably a running clock in the 3rd quarter.

That's where I'm at with this one. FD would smoke Simon Kenton, and SK beat Woodford. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Somebody do me a favor and let me know if the public address announcer at FD refuses to call any of the visiting players by name again this week. Pretty low brow move for a grown adult to refuse to acknowledge athletes for making plays in a high school game. Bush league, actually.

Did he at least call them by number? "Tackle by #14" etc.

12 hours ago, The Oracle said:

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Did he at least call them by number? "Tackle by #14" etc.

I wasn't at the game last week, but I heard grumbling about the same thing from several people. Apparently the PA guy would occasionally call numbers for the visitors. I was told he was given the Cov Cath roster by the stat crew both before the game and at halftime.

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Woodford County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • theguru changed the title to Woodford County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue locked this topic