Kentucky pulls scholarship from Franklin County's Kaden Moorman

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

Did UK pull the scholarship?  Something else?

Don't know it to be fact. Just seems extremely similar to Longmire situation. Wisconsin and Toledo already have backs committed. It will be interesting to follow. I think he can still play himself into an FBS home. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

I had someone contact me privately and say that UK did in fact pull the scholarship. 

Anyone hearing any different?

That's sad but the life of college football these days.  It's a business and for that there is no loyalty.  🙁     

I have a few friends who coach D1 & D2.  They both said the same thing.  The transfer portal has changed the landscape of recruiting entirely.  Rosters change almost daily.  A team that was hot on your trail one day becomes cold because they picked up a kid out of the portal to fill your spot in their next class.  Vice versa as well.  A team may come in last minute hot on you because they just lost a kid or two at your position to the portal.  Offers & commitments are nothing more than hollow words anymore until the dotted line is signed.

• Like 3

• theguru changed the title to Kentucky pulls scholarship from Franklin County's Kaden Moorman
53 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

They pulled his offer just like they did Longmire from Corbin last year. I don't think he will be the last recruit in the class of 23 to decommit from Kentucky. The Transfer Portal is hurting a lot of kids. 

Absolutely hate it for this kid. I really hope he gets the chance to play against UK at some point and lights it up (coming from a UK fan).