Interesting Weather Possible next week.

nWo

I just thought I would post about something I started watching yesterday. We might, and let me emphasize might see some interesting weather next week. We could go from showers/thunderstorms some of which could be strong to severe on Tuesday then end the week with some possible snow.  Here is what the GFS is showing. I'll be watching this and post updates when information warrants it.

floop-gfs-2022101800.prateptype_cat.conus.thumb.gif.9a6b8daeaf8a4ab7506784d773f49baf.gif

On 10/19/2022 at 8:49 PM, Bluegrasscard said:

Does the low coming out of the gulf rotate around Kentucky? 

Just got back from a little vacation. For now it looks like it will pass Kentucky just west of Kentucky moving in a mostly northeasterly direction.

• Thanks 1

KY_swody3.thumb.png.56307a6cad5ac46417843e9223cba68e.png

Tuesday late afternoon through Wednesday morning, rain chances will increase. A low-pressure system will move quickly across the center of the country and take advantage of tropical moisture moving into
our region. This system could bring good soaking rains, especially to areas along and west of the I-65 corridor, along with a slight chance for thunderstorms. For now, the main threats with these storms will be heavy rain as well as brief gusty winds. This is still a developing situation so things could change. KY_swody3.thumb.png.56307a6cad5ac46417843e9223cba68e.png

A compact but intense shortwave trough is forecast to move quickly northeastward from the southern Plains through the Mid-South and into the Lower OH Valley on Tuesday. Strong mid-level winds will accompany this shortwave, with 80+ kt winds expected to spread across the Mid-South/Lower MS Valley Tuesday morning and into the Tennessee Valley by Tuesday afternoon. A Surface low along with this shortwave is expected to begin the period over Arkansas before moving northeastward throughout the day. This low will likely reach the middle Ohio Valley by early Wednesday morning. An associated cold front will move eastward across much of Southeast during the period. A line of strong to severe thunderstorms is anticipated along this front as it progresses eastward. The Storm Prediction Center has most of Kentucky south of I-64 and west of I-75 under a level 1 Marginal Risk Area for scattered strong to severe storms.

KY_swody2.thumb.png.ed1c2448b6f312bec93dbc37c3d28f40.png

floop-gfs-2022102400.prateptype_cat.conus.thumb.gif.5a59cbc878b2ec198beb608d33451a05.gif

This shows the low as it moves across portions of Kentucky.

floop-gfs-2022102400.500h_anom.conus.thumb.gif.1b12a794247f682aace7043c274920d3.gif