Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 11:00 PM

I'm not sure there's a way to spin this as a NKY championship game yet, but the winner would be in the driver's seat for that title. CovCath has a thorough house cleaning of Beechwood and Highlands hung 57 on Ryle. The Colonels still have Ryle to close out the regular season and the Birds play Cooper next week. Neither of those feel like a sure thing.

• Like 1

Highlands is definitely playing better football than earlier in the season and I believe this is probably their best chance in beating the Colonels in quite a while. That said I think Cov Cath is better up front, which is probably the difference. Either way I see this being close. Don’t know who to pick, good luck to both teams!

High expectations for this game.  Electric atmosphere! Definitely one to see in person.  Highlands is going to be a tough stop for CCH with their quick drops and accurate passes with Benke.  Yes they got whooped by BG but when they put Benke in at QB they scored twice and were starting to put it together.  They are a different team with him at QB on offense.

That being said they seem to have a lot of things to exploit on D and I think CCH will do just that. A healthy line of scrimmage for CCH stops the run and creates all sort of options for the Colonels with the ball.  I think the birds will score in the air a few times but adjustments will win this one.   I'm going with CCH at home in a shootout 35-21.

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Yes, paid video and it is excellent!

https://www.covcath.org/athletics/can

Is Covcath the only school that charges for every game?  I know some schools are on NFHS which is a monthly subscription and a few like Highlands provide the games online for free. Looks like Covcath charges more for streaming than the price of an actual ticket to the game. 

Just now, Royal Blue said:

Is Covcath the only school that charges for every game?  I know some schools are on NFHS which is a monthly subscription and a few like Highlands provide the games online for free. Looks like Covcath charges more for streaming than the price of an actual ticket to the game. 

I think they are one of the few schools that use BOXCAST and you can get a season pass for $35 so for me it is worth it considering the quality of the Covington Catholic football program and the quality of the broadcasts. 

49 minutes ago, Royal Blue said:

Cov Cath's BoxCast service is just a different product from the NFHS Network, and allows Cov Cath to collect more on each ticket than the NFHS does. They push the season passes hard early on in the season...$35 for all home varsity, JV and freshman games is certainly a deal. In person, I believe senior and student tickets to the game are $4 and adult tickets are $8.

The reason they charge a couple dollars more for the individual game passes than they charge for in-person admission is because of how many game passes are purchased by one person and watched by multiple people. For example, my neighbors have a nephew playing for Cov Cath. They buy the livestream and one of their adult sons comes over to watch all of the home games, in addition to another brother and his wife. That one livestream pass would translate into five adult tickets in-person at the game...even if they were buying an individual livestream pass at $10 for each game (they don't, they purchased the $35 season pass), Cov Cath is still losing out because potential sales at the gate were $40 for those five individuals.

I believe Beechwood is still using BoxCast to monetize the livestreams of their games. And off the top of my head, Corbin is a non-NFHS monetized livestream, as are all of the FCPS schools via PrepSpin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

As of this posting, the poll is a dead heat, 41 to 41.

6 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Hope the game is that close. 

Which is pretty odd compared to this thread where it currently sits at 10 to 1 in favor of CCH:

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Cov Cath's BoxCast service is just a different product from the NFHS Network, and allows Cov Cath to collect more on each ticket than the NFHS does. They push the season passes hard early on in the season...$35 for all home varsity, JV and freshman games is certainly a deal. In person, I believe senior and student tickets to the game are $4 and adult tickets are $8.

The reason they charge a couple dollars more for the individual game passes than they charge for in-person admission is because of how many game passes are purchased by one person and watched by multiple people. For example, my neighbors have a nephew playing for Cov Cath. They buy the livestream and one of their adult sons comes over to watch all of the home games, in addition to another brother and his wife. That one livestream pass would translate into five adult tickets in-person at the game...even if they were buying an individual livestream pass at $10 for each game (they don't, they purchased the $35 season pass), Cov Cath is still losing out because potential sales at the gate were $40 for those five individuals.

I believe Beechwood is still using BoxCast to monetize the livestreams of their games. And off the top of my head, Corbin is a non-NFHS monetized livestream, as are all of the FCPS schools via PrepSpin.

Good info. Didn’t realize the season pass was an option. That’s not unreasonable. I guess there’s a lot of variables involved with deciding the best way to broadcast for each school. 

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue locked this topic