Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 11:00 PM

24 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

I guess it all depends if all them injured players for CCH suit up. If they were able to rest up during the bye week and play in this weeks game then I think CCH wins by a few touchdowns. 

With Rodriquez out, who are the main weapons besides the QB and Leen?

53 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

I guess it all depends if all them injured players for CCH suit up. If they were able to rest up during the bye week and play in this weeks game then I think CCH wins by a few touchdowns. 

I don't think there's any chance we see Rodriguez until the playoffs, at best. He broke his elbow in the Cooper game. 

I like CovCath in a competitive, close game.  Throwing the Elder game out for CCH (no shame in that loss for any team from KY) they have been the better team all year but Highlands is really coming on so nothing in this game would surprise me.

I do know this, I am stoked about watching the game and wish we all didn't have to wait five more days. 

2022 Highlands "signature wins": Birds 24 Raceland 14, Birds 57 Ryle 46, and Birds 44 Campbell 13.

2022 Covington Catholic "signature wins": Colonels 7 LexCath 6, Colonels 31 Beechwood 14, and Colonels 27 Pikeville 19.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

With Rodriquez out, who are the main weapons besides the QB and Leen?

Braylon Miller has been the number 2 receiver after Rodriguez. I think he’s fine at receiver, but much better player at corner.

I wish we would get Oliver Link (receiver) more targets. He was dunking on Elder and Lex Cath DB’s earlier this year and for whatever reason he hasn’t seen many his way the last few games. He’s too talented of a player not to see 5-6 targets a game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I don't think there's any chance we see Rodriguez until the playoffs, at best. He broke his elbow in the Cooper game. 

That is a very big loss. I thought he was perhaps the biggest factor in Cov Cath's win over Beechwood. He made almost all the big plays in that game.

• Like 3

I think this game hinges on CovCath's defense.  If they can't limit Highlands' explosive offense, than the Colonels are in big trouble.  CovCath can't score enough to get into a shootout, so the question to me is can they keep Highlands to 17 or fewer points, and if they can, they win.  

However, I don't think they can this week (post-season, people back, worse weather, may be different) and I think Highlands wins something like 24-17.  Again, I do not think that is any indication of what may happen if they meet again, but this week I think the Birds have too much on offense and CovCath just can't score with them as currently constructed.  

• Like 3

On 10/9/2022 at 10:21 AM, theguru said:

2022 Highlands "signature wins": Birds 24 Raceland 14, Birds 57 Ryle 46, and Birds 44 Campbell 13.

2022 Covington Catholic "signature wins": Colonels 7 LexCath 6, Colonels 31 Beechwood 14, and Colonels 27 Pikeville 19.

CovCath now has wins over three #1 teams. Despite that, I'm feeling Highlands here. They're working on four straight 50+ point games for the first time since 2012. Confidence is up and CovCath is apparently dinged up. 

I think the Birds fly high this week.

There are 7-8 teams in 5A after Douglass that could probably all beat one another on a given night. This is one of those games.

18 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

That is a very big loss. I thought he was perhaps the biggest factor in Cov Cath's win over Beechwood. He made almost all the big plays in that game.

He had quite a weekend when they played Beechwood: he showed he is clearly CCH's biggest gamechanger in that game and had the Notre Dame visit the next day, but he is now done for the season.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

He had quite a weekend when they played Beechwood: he showed he is clearly CCH's biggest gamechanger in that game and had the Notre Dame visit the next day, but he is now done for the season.

Dang hate to hear that. Thought someone said he could be back in the post season?

• theguru changed the title to Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue locked this topic