Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Who wins?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 11:00 PM

Colonels 20 - Birds 17

Last year’s regular season game was won by a blocked FG. 

This year I’ll take a made FG for the win, why? It’s CovCath vs. Highlands, and it loves drama. That’s why. 

Favorite game of the year, every year. Can’t wait! 

• Like 3

On 10/10/2022 at 6:24 PM, DevilMayCare said:

I'm not sure there's a way to spin this as a NKY championship game yet, but the winner would be in the driver's seat for that title. CovCath has a thorough house cleaning of Beechwood and Highlands hung 57 on Ryle. The Colonels still have Ryle to close out the regular season and the Birds play Cooper next week. Neither of those feel like a sure thing.

Nope! SK beat Highlands. SK had no problem with CovCath in a scrimmage.

31 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Nope! SK beat Highlands. SK had no problem with CovCath in a scrimmage.

Except the formula isn't that easy. Simon Kenton got spanked 30-7 by Beechwood, and Beechwood lost to Cov Cath by 17 the next week.

Real games always trump scrimmage games. Lots of coaches are still experimenting with their teams during scrimmages, among other things.

4 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Except the formula isn't that easy. Simon Kenton got spanked 30-7 by Beechwood, and Beechwood lost to Cov Cath by 17 the next week.

Real games always trump scrimmage games. Lots of coaches are still experimenting with their teams during scrimmages, among other things.

SK wouldn't have got spanked if Crone and Lawson where able to play. CovCath/SK scrimmage was game like situation after the scrimmage everyone was saying CovCath is a down year.

2 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

SK wouldn't have got spanked if Crone and Lawson where able to play. CovCath/SK scrimmage was game like situation after the scrimmage everyone was saying CovCath is a down year.

I'll say again:

Real games always trump scrimmage games. Lots of coaches are still experimenting with their teams during scrimmages, among other things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cov Cath Keys to Victory:

1. Run the football and drain the clock

2. Blitz Benke. Make him uncomfortable in the pocket. 

Highlands Keys to Victory:

1. Test the waters on running the ball, but stick to the passing game. 

2. Get the ball in Noon’s hands in space. 

3. Settle for FGs. Cov Cath defense will be tough in the red zone. Get points when you can. 

My prediction is Benke has a big game…

Birds 26

Colonels 24

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2022 at 1:55 PM, CCHFC said:

Braylon Miller has been the number 2 receiver after Rodriguez. I think he’s fine at receiver, but much better player at corner.

I wish we would get Oliver Link (receiver) more targets. He was dunking on Elder and Lex Cath DB’s earlier this year and for whatever reason he hasn’t seen many his way the last few games. He’s too talented of a player not to see 5-6 targets a game. 

I think the performances of Oliver Link, Louie Hodge, Oliver Bent, and Ben McEvoy are going to have a big role in the outcome of the game for Cov Cath, one way or the other.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I keep thinking about everything here, and assuming neither team comes out flat, I think there's a good chance that the team that scores first ends up winning the game.

IMO a lot of the best performances that Cov Cath has had the last 3 or 4 years have been in big home games where CCH was considered either a home dog or 50/50. 19 LaSalle, 21 Highlands playoff game where the regular season game was an 8-7 win, 22 Beechwood. EE gets his guys ready to go in these atmospheres. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 10:06 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I don't think there's any chance we see Rodriguez until the playoffs, at best. He broke his elbow in the Cooper game. 

On 10/10/2022 at 4:34 PM, Bluesport said:

He had quite a weekend when they played Beechwood: he showed he is clearly CCH's biggest gamechanger in that game and had the Notre Dame visit the next day, but he is now done for the season.

On 10/10/2022 at 4:56 PM, El Diablo said:

Dang hate to hear that. Thought someone said he could be back in the post season?

On 10/10/2022 at 5:50 PM, Bluesport said:

Small chance at best-we are preparing like we won’t see him again until next August.

Heard 6-8 weeks from the surgery. That's round 2 of playoffs at best.

Our offense and defense both would be looking much different this week with Willie in the game. Is Seth Jones back in pads? The original post mentioned 8 CCH players out with injuries against Boone.

• theguru changed the title to Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue locked this topic