Elizabethtown at North Bullitt Predictions/Updates

Elizabethtown at North Bullitt  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this first game of the season?

• Elizabethtown
    • North Bullitt

This poll is closed to new votes

North Bullitt Offense: QB Garrett Durbin threw for 1,201 yards and 12 touchdowns last year. Senior receiver Ryan Priest (595 yards, seven touchdowns), is a key returning offensive skill player for the Eagle.  On the ground, sophomore halfback Evan Ernspiker returns from a solid freshman season that saw him run for 665 yards and eight touchdowns.

North Bullitt Defense: North Bullitt lost its four best tacklers (Ryan Still, Conner Dorsey, Steven Rios and Jeff Wheeler) to graduation last year. The leading tackler that is returning is Priest, who is also the team's No. 1 receiver. 

First year coach Johnathan Sams is walking into a good program at North Bullitt. Despite last year's record (2-9), the Eagles are in a position to win some games in their district.  North Bullitt plays a tough schedule this year with games vs CAL, Bullitt East and Bullitt Central. Win these games and it would make a statement that the Eagles are back.

Elizabethtown Offense: SR QB Ryder Gregory has been thrust into the starting role in his Senior season. In last week's scrimmage vs Tates Creek he appeared to lack arm strength and accuracy to get the ball down the field and was picked multiple times. Elizabethtown is a very young team on both sides of the ball and will only get better as the season progresses. SR RB Makyah Green and Trey Durbin will bring a much needed lift to the ground game giving the passing game time to develop.

Elizabethtown Defense: The defensive side of the ball, Elizabethtown must replace leading tacklers Greg Hall and Nate Nett. Nolan Maggard leads a group of 6 returning players on Defense.

Elizabethtown may struggle in this game to score points. I think North Bullitt pulls out a close one. 

Coach Sams is a phenomenal coach and I’m certain he’ll build a great program at NB. But like many first year coaches he’s not walking into a great situation. There’s talent, but they’re young. This NB team is a year or two away from competing for the district title again. I’d say Elizabethtown wins comfortably.

22 hours ago, Hardin County Preps said:

North Bullitt Offense: QB Garrett Durbin threw for 1,201 yards and 12 touchdowns last year. Senior receiver Ryan Priest (595 yards, seven touchdowns), is a key returning offensive skill player for the Eagle.  On the ground, sophomore halfback Evan Ernspiker returns from a solid freshman season that saw him run for 665 yards and eight touchdowns.

North Bullitt Defense: North Bullitt lost its four best tacklers (Ryan Still, Conner Dorsey, Steven Rios and Jeff Wheeler) to graduation last year. The leading tackler that is returning is Priest, who is also the team's No. 1 receiver. 

First year coach Johnathan Sams is walking into a good program at North Bullitt. Despite last year's record (2-9), the Eagles are in a position to win some games in their district.  North Bullitt plays a tough schedule this year with games vs CAL, Bullitt East and Bullitt Central. Win these games and it would make a statement that the Eagles are back.

Elizabethtown Offense: SR QB Ryder Gregory has been thrust into the starting role in his Senior season. In last week's scrimmage vs Tates Creek he appeared to lack arm strength and accuracy to get the ball down the field and was picked multiple times. Elizabethtown is a very young team on both sides of the ball and will only get better as the season progresses. SR RB Makyah Green and Trey Durbin will bring a much needed lift to the ground game giving the passing game time to develop.

Elizabethtown Defense: The defensive side of the ball, Elizabethtown must replace leading tacklers Greg Hall and Nate Nett. Nolan Maggard leads a group of 6 returning players on Defense.

Elizabethtown may struggle in this game to score points. I think North Bullitt pulls out a close one. 

Lots of Inaccuracies here. Ryder Gregory was the starting QB last season as a Junior. This year Gregory has moved to wing/slot along with playing defense. Junior Greyson Hainer takes over under center. While he certainly struggled in the scrimmage vs Tates Creek it was also his first Varsity start at the position.

Elizabethtown will rely heavily on a stable of backs and the run game led by Junior Trey Durbin who averaged 14 yds a carry last season. The backfield is boosted by brothers Jujuan and Jquan Williams who moved in from North Hardin along with Gregory, Makyah Green, Tyrin Jurnett and a few others.

Defensively the Panthers lose Greg Hall, however Nate Nett is back as a senior along with a host of other defensive returners.

1st game of the season I see some early struggles by both sides but I predict Etown pulls away late. 35-14 Panthers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JellyRoll said:

Lots of Inaccuracies here. Ryder Gregory was the starting QB last season as a Junior. This year Gregory has moved to wing/slot along with playing defense. Junior Greyson Hainer takes over under center. While he certainly struggled in the scrimmage vs Tates Creek it was also his first Varsity start at the position.

Elizabethtown will rely heavily on a stable of backs and the run game led by Junior Trey Durbin who averaged 14 yds a carry last season. The backfield is boosted by brothers Jujuan and Jquan Williams who moved in from North Hardin along with Gregory, Makyah Green, Tyrin Jurnett and a few others.

Defensively the Panthers lose Greg Hall, however Nate Nett is back as a senior along with a host of other defensive returners.

1st game of the season I see some early struggles by both sides but I predict Etown pulls away late. 35-14 Panthers 

Good info here. Jujuan Williams is a huge get for E-Town. Very versatile defender. 

The Panthers were pretty green last year. The climb back up the 3A ladder begins this week with what I expect to be a convincing win over North Bullitt.

2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Good info here. Jujuan Williams is a huge get for E-Town. Very versatile defender. 

The Panthers were pretty green last year. The climb back up the 3A ladder begins this week with what I expect to be a convincing win over North Bullitt.

Yes, 95% of last years starters had never seen meaningful varsity action. Those kids have a year of experience and a chip on their shoulders to get the program back to where it needs to be.

That along with some new pieces is potentially setting the Panthers up for a good season. QB play will be pivotal to their success but I suspect the coaches will rely heavily on the run game while Hainer gains confidence and experience. 

4 hours ago, JellyRoll said:

4 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

Yes, 95% of last years starters had never seen meaningful varsity action. Those kids have a year of experience and a chip on their shoulders to get the program back to where it needs to be.

That along with some new pieces is potentially setting the Panthers up for a good season. QB play will be pivotal to their success but I suspect the coaches will rely heavily on the run game while Hainer gains confidence and experience. 

Welcome to BGP @JellyRoll!

• Like 1

Elizabethtown did not look good in any phase of the game vs Tates Creek. Most, of not all long passes by Elizabethtown were picked off as the result of underthrown and inaccurate passes. The Elizabethtown secondary was torched all night for big plays and the DBs has trouble with run plays on the edges. Either Tates Creek is better than advertised or Elizabethtown is in rebuilding mode?

1 hour ago, Hardin County Preps said:

Elizabethtown did not look good in any phase of the game vs Tates Creek. Most, of not all long passes by Elizabethtown were picked off as the result of underthrown and inaccurate passes. The Elizabethtown secondary was torched all night for big plays and the DBs has trouble with run plays on the edges. Either Tates Creek is better than advertised or Elizabethtown is in rebuilding mode?

Tates Creek definitely has some talent. New coach, new energy for sure. Hats off to them. They are better than the 3 wins last year. How that will fare in 6A I’m not sure. 

I think Etown will be fine once the ground game is more established and pieces find the right fit. It was a scrimmage and I’m sure some things were tried to see how the young QB would do. Real game situation I think you are looking at more of a 3 to 1 run to pass ratio especially early on.