I have waited for over a week....

rockmom

If being an attorney was easy, everyone would be one and they wouldn't get paid so well. It might be a job you disagree with, but that doesn't mean it's not work.

Should all rich men and women work for free to see what it's like to be a "working person"? If I'm not mistaken, Edwards grew up poor or well...definetly not rich, and worked his way to being a millionaire.

No he leeched his way to being a millionaire.

Maybe they should and really learn what it's like to be a working person.

That's a tired and hackneyed approach.

We can start a new thread about whether lawsuits and verdicts drive the price of goods and services up. I noticed that 12 new tort deform statutes have been passed in this country in the last four years. I was looking for the concomitant data showing that the insurance industry lowered their rates, but I can't seem to find it . . .

Oh, wait, here it is . . . No, that's the data showing that businesses sue businesses more than any other type of lawsuit. OK, I'll keep looking . . .

John Edwards was a good trial lawyer. People accuse him of using "junk science" to influence juries and win verdicts. They forget that at the time, it was NOT junk science, and were viable theories accepted by judges before they were presented to juries, and then accepted by the same jury of your, and my, peers, in a jury system we have been using since the signing of the Magna Carta.

As Darth Vader said, "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

For someone to start a thread about John Edwards declaring that he's running for president in '08!

You guys are slipping, or becoming soft in your old age, or something! Not even one disdainful "aside" in any other threads!

:lol:

The election is 23 months away. I just don't care right now. :D